McCarty Hill/Rock City Deer Hunting INfo

buffalojay83

Hello All!  Well I don't know about you but I'm starting to get stir crazy and can't wait till bow opens up and even more pumped for gun season.  I hunted East Otto State Forest last year and saw a huge big bellied buck but my inexperience got the best of me and when I stood, something in my pocket shifted and 'clanged' and that was all he needed to hear to get the hell out of there.  I've heard that McCarty Hill in Ellicotville is good hunting and not crazy packed with morons shooting 6-10 times at the same deer in a few seconds like I experienced at East Otto, it was a warzone!  I camped there for a few days and as soon as gun opened it was like a parade of hundred or so cars/trucks/vans/atv's nonstop pulling into the forest.  I'm starting to scout McCarty Hill, it's way bigger, and supposedly less crowded because it's a little further from Buffalo, but it's pretty up and down as far as terrain goes.  Any tips or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Buffalojay83

I've driven by a couple times and looks steep probably not a good place to hunt for the cardio challenged. Probably why doesn't get much pressure. Most hunters or most of the orange army isn't in the greatest of shape. Myself included, but that's the beer threads problem..