Just one more......treestand

Robhuntandfish

How many treestands do you have up and what size of property?  Seems like I add stands every year and always want one more.  Just want to be sure I'm not addicted!  lol

10 stands - 7 of them shared with one other person on 120 acres, 2 on about 50 acres and 1 on 9 acres (new this year). I love the ladder stands! 

We have 9 ladders 3 ground blinds and 3 climbers (3 hunters) . We lease 300 acres but only 130 is wooded, the  rest is corn/ soy bean fields. Myself, wife and my boy we also love ladder stands. I will be putting up at least 3-4 more befor next season 

20 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

70 acres= 1 ladder stand

one natural ground blind

occasional use of climber

No way TF - you need at least 35 stands and I don't even know the property.  lol

• Like 5

I have a X-mas gift to put together on the porch...lets see 73 acres and close to or over 38-40...then 4 ground portables and 13 brushed blinds, 2 climbers...1-2 hunters most of this is on 38 aces where I have 13 plot areas. I think out of that there is 7 stands and 8 blinds on the other side of property and one plot.

My little block is about 80 acres , maybe 50 which can be hunted the rest farmland . I have about ten stands could have more but I'm lazy and frankly can kill decent bucks out of two of  them any year .

I do next to no prep and find hanging and moving stands a pain,which is why I have not hung or moved the ones I need to yet .

Yep Larry you seem to do just fine.  In addition to terrain, number of transition areas, funnels, bedding areas and food sources (all of which may require several different wind based stands) I think more stands are needed to ease pressure with more hunters especially on smaller parcels.  3 guys hunting together will burn a few stands fast.  

I should say both Larrys. 

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, genesee_mohican said:

I have 12 stands that I use on some public and some private land. 1 ladder and 11 hang on's.  This is about the time of year I work on a few, thanks for the reminder.

Same here 12 stands for around 1100 acres private and state park land but no ladders and 4 climbers. Need to stay free to move with the different groups of does.

80 huntable acres.

0 treestands.

1 actual ground blind.

2 makeshift blinds with camp tarp/sticks/branches/etc.

Rest of the spots are sit on the ground with either a big tree behind you or stone wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunt about 250 acres here on Long Island and about 13,000 acres on state land when I head upstate. I only use 1 climber. It's all about being mobile. Even if I hunt the same area, I'll almost never go up the same tree twice. I will hunt the same area, but I'll go up a different tree. I'd say more than 90-95% of the bucks that I have killed were taken from the first sit in a new tree. 

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I feel safest in my climber, I stay attached to my harness all the way up and down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call.  I made the mistake my first season of not attaching the harness to the tree while climbing and slid down a shag bark tree about 10'.  I nice pucker moment.

• Like 2