Where can i practice with broadhead ?

OneShotTony913

I can tell you only from personal experience.... Practicing/prepping can be done all year long, and you can still fail miserably.

On a side note, If you haven't ever climbed a tree yet I highly recommend you practice before you ever take it hunting. Also, an inexpensive harness could save your life.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pro Lines is indoors so I highly doubt taking your climber there would do you any good.  If you really want to practice, I recommend taking your climber up to one of the multiple use areas upstate, hike into an area where you're away from everyone else and just climb a tree.  Get comfortable with the climber.  Once you're comfortable enough, bring a target with you next time.  If you don't want to buy a target, get a potato sack and stuff the heck out of it with old clothes and towels.  I mean pack the heck out of it.  Now there might be some minor rules as far as practicing in a public park even one that allows hunting but I'm not an expert on that so I can't comment on it.  If you find a secluded area....well, that's on you.

I sure hope you get upstate into the woods and practice with that climber before you attempt it in the dark opening morning or something. Climbing stands are easily the most dangerous in my opinion. Not something you want to learn to use in the dark. You should really climb several different diameter trees to get used to how you need to adjust the straps so that your platform ends up being level when you get high up the tree. And be very sure you have the top and bottom sections of the stand tethered together in case you lose the bottom section as you climb. Trust me, you don't wanna have to figure out how to get down the tree when your bottom platform goes jingling to the bottom of the tree when your 15 ft up. Absolutely use a harness as well. Inexperienced people with climbing stands are at the highest risk in my book for an accident, a harness will be a potential life saver. Good luck this season, just get your preseason practicing in so you can an enjoy a full SAFE season.

• Like 1

Can't over state what Adkhunter1590 said.  Get familiar with your climber to the point where you can put it together properly and get up a tree in the near day with nothing but a petzl head lamp.  Practice, practice, practice.  More hunting death and injuries came from a result of tree stands than anything else other than maybe hypothermia.  If you're not confident with the climber, forgo the climber.  A deer is not worth it.

Ordinance rules states that you have to be at least 150 feet away from occupied structure to discharge a bow so most people who live near the city fall into that category.  You can bypass the 150 feet rule if your neighbor gives you permission.

• Like 2