New guy here

Adirondack Sasquatch

Sup fellow NY hunters....

Little info on myself....

I love to bowhunt. Archery only for many years.

Consider myself quiet the cook as well.

Hope you guys don't laugh at me, but I've somewhat mastered the art of the electric smoker, and i have a wonderful recipe for smoked fish dip, which i will share with you guys someday.

I also need some tips on gaining weight. I'm a little guy. Well, not tiny, but at 6' i only weigh 170 lbs, and would like to add some muscle, as I'm also interested in getting involved in MMA.

At 47 yrs old, i hope this isn't a mistake.......

Welcome aboard. 

We are the same height but I wish I could lose about 15 pounds.  Adding weight for me is easy.  Just eat a lot of protein to add muscle and lower you activity level to gain weight.  You must have a very high metabolism or a very active work life.  Working with weights adds muscle but high aerobic activity burns fat, which you probably don't have any of.  Do you hike the mountains a lot?

Going into MMA at your age is risky.  Do you have a real good health plan to pay for the the predictable emergency room visits?

MMA at age 47??  Don't do it man!  LOL

Anybody else watch fellow New Yorker, Jon "Bones" Jones win the UFC Light Heavy Weight belt?  It was a very impressive performance... Plus just before the fight he ran down a mugger and retrieved an old ladies purse.  I guess it was just his night!

Welcome to the forum Sasquatch.

Welcome to the site. As I read your post I'm thinking "Royce (Gracie) was 6' 1'' and 170lbs." then I'm thinking nobody would know who he is here. Then you say you want to train MMA, go figure.

You should give BJJ a try first. My theory is, you can't tap out right before you're about to get punched in the face. But in grappling, you can safely quit before injured. (this has not held true for me LOL)

There are lots of people your age doing martial arts.