2017 Hunting License

Blackpowder28

On a different aspect of the subject of licenses, I wanted to let all those who have Lifetime Licenses that I received mine in the mail a couple of days ago. So be on the lookout for them at any time now.

1 hour ago, thphtm said:

August 1 st. is when they go on sale.

DEC office in Buffalo said Aug 7, if not Aug 14 and they always go on sale on a Monday. Aug 1 is a Tues. And there is a lot of time to get one, no rush.

Here's a question that I'm sure is on the web but I haven't bothered looking yet.

Typically I have ny reg season buck tag and the early/late buck tag for xbow.

If I buy a compound, then I would still have 2 buck tags but no need for early/late ML/Xbow tag? Also if I hunt Westchester (3S) sometimes does that mean I could technically shoot my 2 bucks October 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Here's a question that I'm sure is on the web but I haven't bothered looking yet.

Typically I have ny reg season buck tag and the early/late buck tag for xbow.

If I buy a compound, then I would still have 2 buck tags but no need for early/late ML/Xbow tag? Also if I hunt Westchester (3S) sometimes does that mean I could technically shoot my 2 bucks October 1st?

you get a regular season antlered tag ("Buck tag") with you hunting license. You first special privilege (Muzzleloader (to use the crossbow)  gives you an either sex tag. If you buy your archery (after taking your bow hunter education course) you get another tag that will be antlerless only. Both of your special privilege tags can be used in early or late bow/ML seasons with either weapon. So the addition of your bowhunting privilege only gains you an antlerless over what you had but does extend your hunting time to fill them.  

As far as the region 3 stuff? No idea and who cares...lol

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

you get a regular season antlered tag ("Buck tag") with you hunting license. You first special privilege (Muzzleloader (to use the crossbow)  gives you an either sex tag. If you buy your archery (after taking your bow hunter education course) you get another tag that will be antlerless only. Both of your special privilege tags can be used in early or late bow/ML seasons with either weapon. So the addition of your bowhunting privilege only gains you an antlerless over what you had but does extend your hunting time to fill them.  

As far as the region 3 stuff? No idea and who cares...lol

I took bowhunter course years ago. I asked about 3S because it is archery only, so I think you can shoot 2 bucks anytime between 10/1 and 12/31 but of course will do research before actually hunting

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I took bowhunter course years ago. I asked about 3S because it is archery only, so I think you can shoot 2 bucks anytime between 10/1 and 12/31 but of course will do research before actually hunting

The way it reads to me you "regular season tag", what you keep calling a buck tag is only good in Westchester  county during the regular season. .

Antlered Deer Only

Exceptions:
Antlered or Antlerless

1. During the regular season in Westchester Co. and during any season in Suffolk Co.

Since the Westchester regular season starts October 1st and ends December 31st you are right on the regular season tag.

And your archery tag

Bowhunting OR Muzzleloading seasons only (including the regular season in Westchester County and any season in Suffolk County), corresponding to the privileges purchased,

Since you can't use the crossbow in Westchester you can use the either sex sag with the bow there between October 1st and December 31st

The way it reads to me you "regular season tag", what you keep calling a buck tag is only good in Westchester  county during the regular season. .
Antlered Deer Only

Exceptions:
Antlered or Antlerless
  1. During the regular season in Westchester Co. and during any season in Suffolk Co.

Since the Westchester regular season starts October 1st and ends December 31st you are right on the regular season tag.

And your archery tag

Bowhunting OR Muzzleloading seasons only (including the regular season in Westchester County and any season in Suffolk County), corresponding to the privileges purchased,

Since you can't use the crossbow in Westchester you can use the either sex sag with the bow there between October 1st and December 31st

So 2 bucks on 10/1 and I'm done for the year?

37 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I like how you think.  Post pics. 

I'm honestly confused. If the season in 3S runs 10/1 - 12/31 and everyone in NYS can shoot 2 bucks with the appropriate tags, then if you only hunt 3S what dates can you shoot 2 bucks?

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm honestly confused. If the season in 3S runs 10/1 - 12/31 and everyone in NYS can shoot 2 bucks with the appropriate tags, then if you only hunt 3S what dates can you shoot 2 bucks?

Because it has its own special season, anytime in that season you can shoot two bucks.

I dare you to kill two in one shot, I hear Matthews are magic and kill deer three at a time.

Edited by Doewhacker

34 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

3S regular season (which only allows use of a bow) is 10/1-12/31. so you can fill your regular season tag AND you archery either sex tag on 10/1-12/31. Up here where we are the ARCHERY SEASON is 10/1-11/? and regular season takes off from there and runs into December. Archery either sex in the first ARCHERY season and regular season tag in Regular season. 

Because it has its own special season, anytime in that season you can shoot two bucks.

I dare you to kill two in one shot, I hear Matthews are magic and kill deer three at a time.

Thx. I didn't mean 1 shot lol, but was curious to know if it was 2 anytime. So say I shot a buck in 3N on 10/1 and didn't want to wait till shotgun opener for second buck I could go to 3S and try sooner