2017 Hunting License

Blackpowder28

Btw, the 2 in 1 shot is very possible using the right technique. All you gotta do is deer fence in a 1/4 acre plot and leave gate open. Once the bucks are in there eating you close the gate with a remote. Now you got multiple bucks inside the deer fence with no way out. Wait for the correct alignment and fire away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looked to get license and tags online today, system asked for credit card info before allowing me to choose bow/muzz and DMP choices..  Anyone who's completed a purchase, when do they ask for the optional add-ons?   Is that done at checkout?  You would think you add them to cart first, then checkout..  

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, Grizz1219 said:

Would love for them to explain why zero DMP tags for 4Z again.... Unreal.. main farm I hunt and can't get a DMP tag..  I see 20 to 30 does for every buck I see... 

Grrr, 8T is PP required for first, none for 2nd pick for the second year in a row. I saw 20 does per sit last year, and I see at least a dozen each time I'm out doing some brush hogging. I counted 32 in a nearby field at sundown a couple of weeks ago with no bucks. I know that a management area is big and local conditions vary, but something just doesn't jive here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldNewbie said:

Looked to get license and tags online today, system asked for credit card info before allowing me to choose bow/muzz and DMP choices..  Anyone who's completed a purchase, when do they ask for the optional add-ons?   Is that done at checkout?  You would think you add them to cart first, then checkout..  

I kept repeating the process, I clicked on the purchase a hunting license icon, added what ever into the cart and went back and did it again until I had it all in there. Then entered payment info at the end. I'm betting you missed something.

I went online and bought mine just now. First I added my bowhunter's certificate from 2013 and then I was good to go.

I got license, bowhunting priv, muzzleloader priv., turkey permit, and DMP for 3N (Putnam) and 3S (Westchester). I never shoot does, but get the tags just incase I ever saw a piebald or something.

$72.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

Question, how do you know if you got the doe permit you wanted when purchasing online?

Mine says unit XX Selected and it shows two under "active holdings".

I think that means you got doe tags, but you'll know for sure when you get the envelope in the mail. 

On 7/26/2017 at 1:15 PM, Grizz1219 said:

Would love for them to explain why zero DMP tags for 4Z again.... Unreal.. main farm I hunt and can't get a DMP tag..  I see 20 to 30 does for every buck I see... 

region 4 is really messed up in my opinion.  i think a little bit of multiple problems is the cause but yes.

• Like 1

I went online and bought mine just now. First I added my bowhunter's certificate from 2013 and then I was good to go.
I got license, bowhunting priv, muzzleloader priv., turkey permit, and DMP for 3N (Putnam) and 3S (Westchester). I never shoot does, but get the tags just incase I ever saw a piebald or something.
$72.

If your questions hasn't already been answered before, in 3S you can shoot 2 bucks at anytime of the season. It's the same as 1C (Suffolk county).

• Like 1

If your questions hasn't already been answered before, in 3S you can shoot 2 bucks at anytime of the season. It's the same as 1C (Suffolk county).

Thx!

21 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

region 4 is really messed up in my opinion.  i think a little bit of multiple problems is the cause but yes.

I cut way, way, back on my hunting in 4S because of lack of DMP's. 4T right next door has a lot of permits and it is not uncommon for me to see double digit doe numbers in 4S. Now I hunt it in bow a time or two and that's it.

$72.

I'm with ya. $72 for me too. NY stinks for prices. But I know some states are a ton more.

I'm with ya. $72 for me too. NY stinks for prices. But I know some states are a ton more.

$72 not bad at all compared to NR tags in other states. My WY mule deer tags were always over $500, even antelope was over $300

3 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I cut way, way, back on my hunting in 4S because of lack of DMP's. 4T right next door has a lot of permits and it is not uncommon for me to see double digit doe numbers in 4S. Now I hunt it in bow a time or two and that's it.

being that us and those around me get DMAPs i encourage people to not apply for them out this way.  no need to get one unless you know you're filling it.  opportunity is there out here.  our DMAPs aren't effecting deer on the otherside of the county yet they're factored as if they do.  no doubt some properties just hold a ton of deer for multiple reasons but deer wander.  if above expected doe harvest happens year after year and a number of hunter's still claim to be seeing deer then maybe the estimates for doe take were a little off.  i get being conservative with tags so they don't over do it but come on!  sometimes biologist eyes need to leave the papers and look at what's going on out in the field.  it's an honest thing that can happen from time to time.

6 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Lifetimes are the way to go guys. At these prices it won't take some of you more than 12 or so years to pay it off. Got mine when I was 13 so it'll be payed off in a few years and I'll have hopefully another 40 years of free hunting.

still save some money but DMPs changed.  i don't think DMP fees are included in lifetimes anymore.