Bout time for a new 2017 truck thread!

Fletch

5 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I'm lucky I guess, never had any issues with my chevy trucks. Next time around I may look at other brands, who knows. I hope I don't have to worry about it for a long time. 

I'm considering a new Chevy but they scare me some..........

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'm considering a new Chevy but they scare me some..........

We bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty. I hope I don't need it.  

It may seem silly but I can't stand the front window design on the Fords. That's all it took to pass. Lol 

We bought in September and got a good deal, twice actually. That's what keeps me going back to them, I can't resist a good deal. 

ouch that sucks, hope everyone is ok!!

I'm on my third GMC/Chevy truck in a row. Best bang for the buck in my mind. Both Chevy and Ford have good trucks. You can still get one made on a hungover Monday morning from any make. Get what you like and can afford.

• Like 1

Tonight at Home Depot I Parked next to a 2015 Ford F-150 that dark blue jeans color. It looked sweet, couldn't take a pic but talked to the owner and he said he hates it for being so big and tough to maneuver. He said he wishes he still
Had his Tacoma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, Fletch said:

Ok so I know we have had some interesting truck threads on here so lets keep it in moderation lol.

I am going to buy a new truck between now and winter. I am a truck guy. I have had a Nissan, Dodge, GMC and Chevy as my last 4 trucks. I have also driven the Toy a lot a few years back as a work truck. I will agree the Dodge is the best looking truck but I had a real bad experience with the one I had and Dodge so they can still kiss my ass. I am probably between Ford and Chevy. I like my last two Chevy trucks except they are the weakest looking truck and not much change. And more importantly I have had body rust, whether rail/brake dust issues with both and after 4 years bubbles start to show up. Just pisses me off!

Anyhow the Ford is now aluminum so no rust issues. They have the best crash ratings as well. I have heard the frames rot out quicker but only from one guy at work. I am also concerned with the 2.7 eco and how that will hold up over the years, especially the years past warranty!

Ford 150 right now are $10 grand below msrp so thousands cheaper than the comparable Silverado right now.

Let me know what you guys think and especially anyone who has a 2017 Ford!

Truck sales are slow so prices are good, just wondering if they will even be better in another 2 months!

04f2d77c5e54d8ffa6446ab3e7c187ee.jpg

The longevity of the turbo motor is horrible I have seen and talked to several that have 100k+ on the motors and use a good amount of oil and can see blue smoke while driving. After the rings are worn it's just a matter of time until the truck starts throwing codes best case scenario worse case piston and cylinder scaring or seized engine. I'm truly not impressed with the turbo motor when there was such a hype about the towing capacity and such. My next truck I will be keeping for 10 years or more so I will end up buying a dodge with the eco diesel.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, Adkhunter1590 said:

It was new. 2007 1500 LTZ fully loaded. Had the dealer put in a 6in lift and 35s. 3rd day I had it, it was already back in the shop. I owned it for 2 months and it spent most of that time in the shop. I've got plenty of chevy owning buddies who rag on me about loving fords. But I've owned twice as many trucks as them, drive more miles and spend a 1/4 in repairs that they do. Your 16 might only have 2 recalls. But starting in 2014 when they came out with the newest body style, they have suffered a record amount of recalls on that one particular body style.

The 2003-2007 classic years were their bankrupt years probably the worse time to own a chevy. I have an 03 and even with the problems I have had I'd probably own another definitely if they come out with a little diesel. The fit and finish in the chevy and GMC trucks are fantastic compared to others. The only reason why dodge gets my nod is the 1500 diesel, just wish they offered a 1500 in an 8' bed. Sucks all manufacturers got rid of the 1500 8' bed trucks.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sodfather said:

The problem is Larry even if a Tacoma runs forever the body will be shot especially in NYS winter roads .

Delta Sonic is an incredibly good answer to that issue. (Christmas stocking at our house ALWAYS have DS/Applebee's gift certificates stuff in)

Trust me on that........

• Like 1

Ok delta sonic I did that when I first bought my truck. Paid $20 a month for unlimited car washes. Great then you wait in lines in the nice winter days like everyone else, then they swirl up your nice new truck with their cheap dirty towels then they use that high concentrate soap that hands free places use so they wear down your clear coat. Keep that up for 4 years and you'll have flaked paint especially if white.  I hear ya my wife does it primarily cause I can't keep up with 2 vans and a truck. Bottom line is I hate the vehicle manufacturers they go bankrupt or have massive recalls cause their all trying to save a buck but keep the cost high. 

The 2003-2007 classic years were their bankrupt years probably the worse time to own a chevy. I have an 03 and even with the problems I have had I'd probably own another definitely if they come out with a little diesel. The fit and finish in the chevy and GMC trucks are fantastic compared to others. The only reason why dodge gets my nod is the 1500 diesel, just wish they offered a 1500 in an 8' bed. Sucks all manufacturers got rid of the 1500 8' bed trucks.

I'm not entirely sure I even wanna respond because your last two posts show your know little to nothing of what your talking about man. First off, the turbo engines have been doing absolutely fantastic on longevity. There's TONS of them with well over 100k and this "burning oil" problem you speak of is nothing but total hog wash. I cruise all the ecoboost forums everyday and there is no wide spread problem of oil usage over 100k. This isn't a chevy engine after all, you wanna talk oil usage, go talk to the only manufacturer that says a quart of oil usage is normal between oil changes!

2nd off, every year was chevys bankrupt years. Their poor management and products caused them to be so broke to begin with. And 2007 was also the year the the newer body style. You could also get a 1500 in "classic" body style that year as well. The fact that you can call the fit and finish of a GM above all others is mind boggling. This is something that they have never been good at and never win awards for. Your talking about a truck model that's been out for multiple decades and has never surpassed a Ford in sales or awards. Since when did fit and finish become good on mostly Mexican made trucks? Chevy takes the nod for having more foreigners putting it together, that's about all they got over Ford. And since when did everyone get rid of 8 ft beds in 1500s??? I can go down to the dealer right now and drive one home. So pretty much everything you've said has been false.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sodfather said:

The problem is Larry even if a Tacoma runs forever the body will be shot especially in NYS winter roads .

Do they make a truck that will last 10 winters in this part of the world?  At least the Tacoma will be be mechanically sound in the long run.  Mine is 13 years old.  The body isn't great, but it has been totally dependable for close to 200,000 miles.  There aren't many "domestic made" trucks that will regularly do that.  With that said, I drive a 10 year old Silverado for work, and the body on that is awfully good.  It has been babied for the most part, but I wouldn't call it hassle free mechanically.