Bout time for a new 2017 truck thread!

Fletch

Prepare to be underwhelmed with the power of that one your going to look at. The ad says it only has the 3.7L V6. Which is the naturally aspirated v6, not to be confused with their 3.5L V6 turbo ecoboost. While the 3.7 is a good reliable engine, it lacks in the HP and torque area and will make a truck that size feel a bit anemic. I'm guessing your gonna be used to having some power behind the skinny pedal, but that truck probably won't do it for ya.

• Like 2

Last week I traded in my 2013 RAM 2500 4WD double cab with 8 foot bed for a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD LTZ Crew Cab short bed. The Chevy has the max trailering package so I can tow up to 11,700 pounds with it. It also has some nice safety features with the driver alert package. When I got the 8 ft bed with the RAM, I thought it would be a good idea, but it didn't turn out to be. It was such a beast to maneuver. It also helps that I have a 2001 Chevy 2500 that I can use for towing and hauling stuff. The short bed will take some getting used to, though. Every time I see it in the driveway, it looks like the back half of the truck is missing.

• Like 3

Prepare to be underwhelmed with the power of that one your going to look at. The ad says it only has the 3.7L V6. Which is the naturally aspirated v6, not to be confused with their 3.5L V6 turbo ecoboost. While the 3.7 is a good reliable engine, it lacks in the HP and torque area and will make a truck that size feel a bit anemic. I'm guessing your gonna be used to having some power behind the skinny pedal, but that truck probably won't do it for ya.

Yea, in cars I prefer naturally aspirated over the new turbo technology. But I'm betting 1 test drive and I'll never want to buy a truck because of how boring it will be to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea, in cars I prefer naturally aspirated over the new turbo technology. But I'm betting 1 test drive and I'll never want to buy a truck because of how boring it will be to drive.

I hear moog has a pretty snappy truck.  That COULD change your mind.............

• Like 2

Your really gonna hate the 3.7L then lol. Drive a ecoboost 3.5L and smash the pedal and you'll forget every idea you had that a truck could be boring

The turbo tech isn't anything new by the way. It's been around for decades. Ford just brought it back to life from the shelf it was sitting on in the back warehouse. 138k on my ecoboost now, and it hasn't been babied in any way shape or form.
  • Like 1

Your really gonna hate the 3.7L then lol. Drive a ecoboost 3.5L and smash the pedal and you'll forget every idea you had that a truck could be boring

The turbo tech isn't anything new by the way. It's been around for decades. Ford just brought it back to life from the shelf it was sitting on in the back warehouse. 138k on my ecoboost now, and it hasn't been babied in any way shape or form.

Yea, I meant more of how my 2011 328 has 6cylinder whereas my brother's 2014 has the 4cyl twin turbo but it's not the same

Yea, I meant more of how my 2011 328 has 6cylinder whereas my brother's 2014 has the 4cyl twin turbo but it's not the same

The difference between cars and their v6s vs turbo 4cyl's is quite noticeable and I'll agree with you that the little tiny turbo motors don't do it for me either. But the ecoboosts are a different animal. They run and feel more like you stepped into a super duty diesel rather than swapped moms mini van motor under the hood. I went from a 980hp Cummins to my ecoboost if that tells you anything. For a stock truck, nothing runs quite like an ecoboost.

The difference between cars and their v6s vs turbo 4cyl's is quite noticeable and I'll agree with you that the little tiny turbo motors don't do it for me either. But the ecoboosts are a different animal. They run and feel more like you stepped into a super duty diesel rather than swapped moms mini van motor under the hood. I went from a 980hp Cummins to my ecoboost if that tells you anything. For a stock truck, nothing runs quite like an ecoboost.

Yea I've read good things about it. My mother in law works for Ford so I can get good pricing on a new one but don't care to spend that kind of $

• Like 1

Yea I've read good things about it. My mother in law works for Ford so I can get good pricing on a new one but don't care to spend that kind of $

Ya man the prices these days are out of this world. I think it's some kind of bubble. Hopefully it bursts and comes crashing down like the housing market did lol. I can see 40k for a well equipped gas truck and even up to 60k for a diesel. But now you can get f150s for 60+ grand. That's just insane to me. I think the biggest problem is that trucks are becoming a social status statement these days rather than what they were originally designed for. I see far more people driving trucks these days that have little to no need whatsoever to have one. But they want it to look and ride like an luxury SUV just because it's big. And of course those wants force manufactures to make those trucks but drives the prices through the roof. If it were up to me, there wouldn't be a leather seat anywhere near a truck lol
  • Like 1

Ya man the prices these days are out of this world. I think it's some kind of bubble. Hopefully it bursts and comes crashing down like the housing market did lol. I can see 40k for a well equipped gas truck and even up to 60k for a diesel. But now you can get f150s for 60+ grand. That's just insane to me. I think the biggest problem is that trucks are becoming a social status statement these days rather than what they were originally designed for. I see far more people driving trucks these days that have little to no need whatsoever to have one. But they want it to look and ride like an luxury SUV just because it's big. And of course those wants force manufactures to make those trucks but drives the prices through the roof. If it were up to me, there wouldn't be a leather seat anywhere near a truck lol

Funny you say that, that's one of the biggest issues for me. I'm so accustomed to heated seats, leather seats, moonroof, etc. but if I want all that with low Miles, I might as well just buy an M3 lol.

Maybe I won't even go tomorrow .....

• Like 1

Funny you say that, that's one of the biggest issues for me. I'm so accustomed to heated seats, leather seats, moonroof, etc. but if I want all that with low Miles, I might as well just buy an M3 lol.

Maybe I won't even go tomorrow .....

Lol exactly! My wife is the same way, she wants all the creature comforts and tech. All I want is a solid truck with a fm radio and a powerful motor and heavy duty drivetrain lol.

Lol exactly! My wife is the same way, she wants all the creature comforts and tech. All I want is a solid truck with a fm radio and a powerful motor and heavy duty drivetrain lol.

Yea I don't need to really row anything. Moreso just would like the bed

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not much more boring than a 3 series bmw :rofl:

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea I don't need to really row anything. Moreso just would like the bed

My boss has a three year old Honda Ridgeline. That seems like it'd be a good compromise for a guy like you............I've ridden in it and driven it many times.  Peppy and very comfortable.

Nice big back seat for kids, groceries etc.  Your bow would ride nicely. :) 

Granted, I think the NEW style looks like ass! 

Buy a truck with a v8 or even better the f150 turbo they are really snappy

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The one good part about leather is easy to clean compared to cloth. I have like cloth/viynil seats they are nice to clean...kind of a work truck feel

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

My boss has a three year old Honda Ridgeline. That seems like it'd be a good compromise for a guy like you............I've ridden in it and driven it many times.  Peppy and very comfortable.

Nice big back seat for kids, groceries etc.  Your bow would ride nicely. :) 

Granted, I think the NEW style looks like ass! 

I Saw a new ridgeline the other day, it was hideous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, haven't pimped it out yet. Nice ride, it took a while to get one with the 8' bed, I can't understand why there are so many of those heavy duty pickups with short beds

IMG_0106.jpg

Boner lol sweet truck 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

You mean like a office nerd driving a raptor.  Lol.  Best vehicle I ever owned and includes comparison with a BMW 550ix Dinan tuned that I owned before the truck.  I actually find it very useful for lots of non work purposes.  To the point that I will always have at least one pick up in the family.  My wife now wants a Silverado or GMC.   

• Like 2

Haha I had to wait 11 weeks for my F250, I guess im the only one that still likes rolling down Windows by hand but doesn't want to sit on a vinyl seat. I had to go to 3 dealerships for one to finally find out that ford would make one for me.

• Like 1

Haha I had to wait 11 weeks for my F250, I guess im the only one that still likes rolling down Windows by hand but doesn't want to sit on a vinyl seat. I had to go to 3 dealerships for one to finally find out that ford would make one for me.

Ya it's getting harder and harder to find simpler trucks these days. I actually just woke up for work about an hour ago and had text messages from a guy I work with saying he just bought a new F150 finally. He's been looking for one but like us wanted less high end options. I'm turning this mill parking lot into a Ford ad one co worker at a time haha. 3 other guys here have bought ecoboosts after test driving mine.