Bout time for a new 2017 truck thread!

Fletch

Ya it's getting harder and harder to find simpler trucks these days. I actually just woke up for work about an hour ago and had text messages from a guy I work with saying he just bought a new F150 finally. He's been looking for one but like us wanted less high end options. I'm turning this mill parking lot into a Ford ad one co worker at a time haha. 3 other guys here have bought ecoboosts after test driving mine.

I like the ford so far, no brand loyalty at all I have owned them all and would again except a dodge.

In the last 13 years I have went Chevy1500, dodge1500, Chevy2500 Toyota Tundra, Nissan Titan, Ford F-150, Ford F-250,Chevy 1500, Chevy 2500, Ford F-250. Only had real problems with the Toyota and the dodge. Even with the problems I liked the Toyota enough to buy another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I like the ford so far, no brand loyalty at all I have owned them all and would again except a dodge.

In the last 13 years I have went Chevy1500, dodge1500, Chevy2500 Toyota Tundra, Nissan Titan, Ford F-150, Ford F-250,Chevy 1500, Chevy 2500, Ford F-250. Only had real problems with the Toyota and the dodge. Even with the problems I liked the Toyota enough to buy another.

I've had em all except a Toyota. Bunch of close buddies had them but have all gotten rid of them and never went back. My chevys had nothing but problems so I'd never touch one with a 30ft pole again, should of listened to my old man and never bought a bow tie. Not to mention their newest body style holds he record for most recalls now lol. My dodge was pretty good. It was a 2010 2500 Cummins that I put a boat load of money into to make go fast. I'd prolly still have that truck if I didn't wad it into a irrigation ditch coyote hunting. My sister has a 2015 ram 1500 that apparently is having a bunch of issues already my dad told me on the phone the other day. He said she's trading it in this week on another Ford. Between my parents and my sister and me, we've gone through quite a few trucks and brands but nothing has held up as good as our Fords. With well over a million miles between everyone in my family in the last decade, it's easy to weed out what's good and what's not

They all cost way to much money for what ya get. Have had them all but probably will never drive anything but a Chevy again. My last F-150 needed a transmission after 70,000 and dodge was a rust bucket . Have a 2013 Chevy now 85000 and hasn't needed anything but tires 

Colorado?

On 9/9/2017 at 8:10 PM, Adkhunter1590 said:

I've had em all except a Toyota. Bunch of close buddies had them but have all gotten rid of them and never went back. My chevys had nothing but problems so I'd never touch one with a 30ft pole again, should of listened to my old man and never bought a bow tie. Not to mention their newest body style holds he record for most recalls now lol. My dodge was pretty good. It was a 2010 2500 Cummins that I put a boat load of money into to make go fast. I'd prolly still have that truck if I didn't wad it into a irrigation ditch coyote hunting. My sister has a 2015 ram 1500 that apparently is having a bunch of issues already my dad told me on the phone the other day. He said she's trading it in this week on another Ford. Between my parents and my sister and me, we've gone through quite a few trucks and brands but nothing has held up as good as our Fords. With well over a million miles between everyone in my family in the last decade, it's easy to weed out what's good and what's not

was your chevy new? lots of guys will hate on a brand after buying used. I never felt that was fair. I have a 16 and 2 recalls doesn't seem like a record. I think it was an airbag sensor and something else minor done with my oil change and i was out.

was your chevy new? lots of guys will hate on a brand after buying used. I never felt that was fair. I have a 16 and 2 recalls doesn't seem like a record. I think it was an airbag sensor and something else minor done with my oil change and i was out.

It was new. 2007 1500 LTZ fully loaded. Had the dealer put in a 6in lift and 35s. 3rd day I had it, it was already back in the shop. I owned it for 2 months and it spent most of that time in the shop. I've got plenty of chevy owning buddies who rag on me about loving fords. But I've owned twice as many trucks as them, drive more miles and spend a 1/4 in repairs that they do. Your 16 might only have 2 recalls. But starting in 2014 when they came out with the newest body style, they have suffered a record amount of recalls on that one particular body style.

I own an explorer, I'm not loyal to any brand. I buy based on features, deals and reviews. I've owned asian, domestic and european. But you're the first I've heard to say anything real negative about the new chevy's. 

Also I've modified just about every car I've owned in some way or another, but putting 35's and a lift kit on a truck doesn't come without some risk from the original design and operation. Now I agree that any truck should be able to handle that, but to shit on the bowtie and leave that part out isn't fair either. 

Too much lol arent they all though! I think sticker was $43,275. I got it for about $6,000 less than that plus what I wanted for my trade. Unfortunately the ZR2 does not get all the rebates and discounts the Silverado gets which is like $11,000 right now but it is the truck I wanted. This truck has about zero upgrades though since it is already loaded with everything.

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

Why does GMAC do those huge rebates? My truck was $44K sticker and right away the salesman says "Well theres an $8k rebate". Had I built it online and seen $44k I wouldnt even have gone in to see it. Do they report gross income or something?

They can't sell them is why they have huge rebates constantly. Up to 11k off now. Usually fluctuates throughout the year between 6k-12k. They need to make room for next model years to roll in so rebates go up to move em.

You start seeing the best rebates in the fall when the new models start coming in. It used to be October or so but it seems the new models are coming out earlier than ever. I'd never buy a new vehicle from the current year in the first half of the year, wait for the end of year rebates.

• Like 1

Lotsa support for ford.. I'll be in the market on my next vehicle. Never looked at Ford.

I was looking hard at Chevy but in reality I just need to tow a bybrid camper and have a bed.

Might have to look at Ford's. No-one I know is a Ford guy.

Buddy who was a Chevy guy had a dodge last truck and said it was anemic. Now has a tundra and loves it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The Ford F-150 looks the best IMO, that's what I would buy if I could justify the price

Ha I only spent in the 5 figures for a vehicle 2x in my life, one being the only new car I ever bought 1,991 Mazda MPV .

Just didn't fit with our financial goals .

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The Ford F-150 looks the best IMO, that's what I would buy if I could justify the price

I haven't followed this whole topic, but if you're just looking for something to run around and use for hunting, why not look for a decent older truck? stick with the fancy sports car and get something on the cheaper side for the few times a year you may use it?

• Like 2