Bout time for a new 2017 truck thread!

Fletch

52 minutes ago, Fletch said:

This only applies to the newer trucks but I'm pretty sure if you put a rust preventative on a new truck it voids some of the waranty. Now if your past waranty it really does not matter. If I am misled on that please correct me.

metals have become much better over time. I know my 03 silverado had shit brake lines like everyone else. They've phased in a new metal and it isn't a problem. A lot of newer cars and trucks are just built better to withstand the salt. Doesn't mean you shouldn't get her washed a few times with a good underbody spray in the winter, but it's better than the 90's. Even if that means some ugly plastics around the wheel wells and rockers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 7:04 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

I like the ford so far, no brand loyalty at all I have owned them all and would again except a dodge.

In the last 13 years I have went Chevy1500, dodge1500, Chevy2500 Toyota Tundra, Nissan Titan, Ford F-150, Ford F-250,Chevy 1500, Chevy 2500, Ford F-250. Only had real problems with the Toyota and the dodge. Even with the problems I liked the Toyota enough to buy another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a sweet collection of trucks! We are Toyota and Ford family here. I got this 2000 Tacoma for about 9 years now and still running strong. My brother recently got F-250 project and we will be installing a lift kit and backrack headache racks to haul his kayaks. My dad still got his 1985 Ford F-250 2WD first owner.

35 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The truck is nice and thanks for the plate numbers. But a Pontiac? they still make cars or is that from 90's?

Thats a G8, I think the last year for them was 2009 or 2010. Whenever it was that Pontiac went away. Its basically a left had drive Holden Commodore with slightly different body work. Same basic car as the current Chevy SS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The truck is nice and thanks for the plate numbers. But a Pontiac? they still make cars or is that from 90's?

i'm not hiding, you're welcome to visit anytime.

1 hour ago, BigVal said:

I wanna see the race, your three series vs his Pontiac :rofl:

2009 g8 gt. Not the gxp, but it's moded to over 400hp. And contrary to the 90's domestic muscle cars she auto x's very well. Typically outperforms the euros. The nice part about having a car and truck is that she's 8 years old but only 58k on her. I am getting the itch for something new, but don't want a new payment. Thinking cts-v or hellcat charger. I like my 4 doors.

oh and yeah, the "pontiac" is really Australian haha :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

If his is the GXP version, your ZR1 (Im guessing it was a 90s C4 version) would have had all it could handle against that car.

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

i'm not hiding, you're welcome to visit anytime.

2009 g8 gt. Not the gxp, but it's moded to over 400hp. And contrary to the 90's domestic muscle cars she auto x's very well. Typically outperforms the euros. The nice part about having a car and truck is that she's 8 years old but only 58k on her. I am getting the itch for something new, but don't want a new payment. Thinking cts-v or hellcat charger. I like my 4 doors.

oh and yeah, the "pontiac" is really Australian haha :)

Guys, settle down. It's Pontiac. It's all about what you like.

• Like 1

I drive a Toyota 4runner for now.  Extremely capable and reliable, which is par for the course for Toyota's brand.  However, I'm looking to switch to a pickup in the near future.  Between myself, my dog, and all the gear I drag in and out of my vehicle, my interior gets dirty fairly quickly.

I'm looking to see how the diesel Colorado does, especially the ZR2.  As well, I have my eyes on the upcoming Ford Ranger with the 3.2l diesel.  I can appreciate a good reliable gasoline engine, but the diesel's torque and fuel economy is hard to pass up.