Remington 7600

rachunter

Yeah, I had that Blackhawk stock on my 12ga smoothbore and hated it for hunting. It grabbed onto any dense brush I was trying to force my way through. Pushing through the thick stuff is hard enough for a person with no gun much less with a gun snagging every branch, stem, or twig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ready to go 180gr. Hornadays @ 100 yrds. Maybe one more trip to the range to see how the sierras fly. 
No sure what happened with the flyer on the left. 
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0596.JPG

Unless you were adjusting the scope- I'd say you have loose scope mounts or crap optics w that vertical string. Flyers always have a reason worth understanding. No offense but that group is poor for a 100yds. You owe it to deer or others hunting your area to fix some things there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, gjs4 said:

Unless you were adjusting the scope- I'd say you have loose scope mounts or crap optics w that vertical string. Flyers always have a reason worth understanding. No offense but that group is poor for a 100yds. You owe it to deer or others hunting your area to fix some things there.

I swapped out the vx1 for vx2. I've also been trying different hand loads. I'm not the greatest shooter and always learning with that and reloading. I've only been at it for a few years   

I never take offense to advise. It's the only way to learn. 

1 hour ago, gjs4 said:

Come on now. That group will kill any deer walking.  The fella admitted he wasn't the greatest shot in the world, but that group is plenty good enough.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I knew that load would shoot better in cooler weather. I wasn’t happy with the groups I was getting over the summer so I didn’t hunt with the gun this year. I hit the range today with the same load and it tightened up pretty good. Bumped it up a little at 100yrds  

E530832E-E304-43ED-8E5D-19BCA4BD3211.jpeg

88272687-7F04-43C2-B273-25BC0B685FDF.jpeg