First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

27 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I have been to Mayhoods once. It is about 50 mins from my house. I was going to shoot a league in Oneonta,but am skipping it this winter. I will be gearing up for the 3d season that should start in April though.

When i switched to heavier arrows last year my 20 yd pin was.almost the same,but the 30 yard was quite different. Work your way out slowly with those aluminums.

That's why I like that single pin react  sight from trophy ridge.  Shoot at 20 and 30 it presets out to 100.  

That's why I like that single pin react  sight from trophy ridge.  Shoot at 20 and 30 it presets out to 100.  

I need to try this sight. I have been using HHA but changing that tape is a PITA. And that's assuming you have the correct one, otherwise you have to order a new set with 30 you'll never need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

52 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I need to try this sight. I have been using HHA but changing that tape is a PITA. And that's assuming you have the correct one, otherwise you have to order a new set with 30 you'll never need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It comes with sight tape I dont use it.  The lines just end up being at 10yard increments.  Took time to trust it but I shot out to 100 a couple times last year and it was accurate enough for me.  I will say it is bulky I dont know if they have lighter single pin version but the model I have is heavy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First shot daily? How about first shot ever!!!!! Thanks to@Swamp_bucks for the great deal and fast shipping. She’s super happy and wanted to keep shooting. We have a lot of teaching and learning to do but also 2 more years before she can hunt. #1 priority is to have fun and spend some time together.
969f874795d6ed5eef1391ff2245f6da.jpg
3cb99fba05cf272dedce376d84bf14cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

First shot daily? How about first shot ever!!!!! Thanks to@Swamp_bucks for the great deal and fast shipping. She’s super happy and wanted to keep shooting. We have a lot of teaching and learning to do but also 2 more years before she can hunt. #1 priority is to have fun and spend some time together.

That's great fits her good

First shot daily? How about first shot ever!!!!! Thanks to[mention=8279]Swamp_bucks[/mention] for the great deal and fast shipping. She’s super happy and wanted to keep shooting. We have a lot of teaching and learning to do but also 2 more years before she can hunt. #1 priority is to have fun and spend some time together.

Move the boots.....you don't wanna end up with a leaker!
Well done Dad getting her into archery!!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Move the boots.....you don't wanna end up with a leaker!
Well done Dad getting her into archery!!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Funny you say that I ended up moving them a little after I took that picture but honestly I was way more worried about the window that is high and right out of the picture. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I figured I’d see where I am in drawing the compound . These are my first three @ 20 yards , first shot was four fingers high and a bit left . Shot two more groups of three, all in the white circle .

Drawing was ok ,not smooth but doable, but the pain kicks in after anchoring , nine shots is about max, and shoulder is sore . 

Looks like another year of maybe 100 practice shots or so .

DBD777A2-7DED-4EA5-899D-7D62F3FAE801.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

First 3 arrows from the black widow at 20yds since mid summer last year.  Just have not had the mindset to shoot.  Not great but it felt good and it shouldn’t take long to fine tune.   Should be an interesting season.  Hoping that drive to hunt returns.  

CE7E4370-8842-4ACE-8D09-29ADA0F2C870.jpeg

• Like 7

• 5 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Shot ok at the shoot.  Forgot to take pictures.  My sister's bf said by the end he was now going to need to purchase a bow so that's awesome.  Shots over 45 and under 36 I was doing good but around 40 kicked my butt today. 

Which one did you go to?  

11 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Haven't been to that one either. How's the course?  Been to Cassity hollow and Trenton on that CNY schedule and both of those are nice. 

Not bad.  Not a ton of variety in targets but there is downhill and some up hill shots.  Most shots are under 30 and longest is 56.  Jason the guy who runs it is great and they have breakfast every morning when they have the shoot.  It's also pretty easy walking. Only cost $10 to shoot the course and everyone I've ever met there is nice.

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

35yard shot I'll take that group for me all day long.

I'll shoot broadheads in a couple weeks to make sure I'm still all good and don't need to tinker more.  I left all my broadheads on the arrows from last year so beside sharpening them quick I should be all good to go.  Then I'll  be shooting 3-5 arrows a day until season.  

20210718_164631.jpg

• Like 6