First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

On 8/14/2021 at 5:11 PM, Moho81 said:

Small range session for my daughter and I. 8 yards in the garage. I only tossed 8 arrows then my peep popped off the string and I couldn’t get it to go back in. She shot 20 arrows total.

3e88a006896e019aae332867fb04a835.jpg
96fd4bb227dbc01f7679026da4ac3f80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see she's still shooting that bow. 

• Like 1

Well, well, well pretty good shots today , first since late April I believe. Single arrow was the first at 20 yards, pulled , that then shot 1@10, 1@20, then 1@30 very pleased ! I don’t shoot many @30 and almost none farther.

Shoulder was “ ok” but I sure won’t be shooting a lot , to keep,it that way .

BB200B74-F9C3-49F5-B9F5-7E8407096E2D.jpeg

9BF6273E-D90E-444C-A50C-59F49D1E3CF5.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 4

Had a club meeting last night, so I decided to go early and hit the archery range. First time shooting this year for me. I shot really well at 20 and 30 yards!! And was able to shoot 50 arrows or so! Had some guys watching, that didn't believe it was my first time shooting since last winter. My grandson has me doing some light weight training, that seems to be helping my shoulders. Real happy about my first shots of the year.  A solid foundation to build on for the season.

No pic's as I was being watched. You'll have to trust me...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Shoulder and back problems making it very difficult to draw the bow this year.. Im only good for two or three shots then I cannot draw anymore.  Ill have to take some poundage off.  New arrows shoot great.  

My first and only shot yesterday afternoon

first shot 24aug2021`.jpg

Dial that poundage down until you build muscles back up.  Or keep it down,I am sure you have plenty to kill a deer with.

I just shot a round at 30 and was very happy.  bareshaft,broadheads and fieldpoints. My broadheads are right with the fieldpoints,the bareshafts were a touch high. I wonder if the lighted nock fit is a little tighter and brought the broadheads back down with the fieldpoints.  Either way,ready to hunt!

• Like 1

Just now, BowmanMike said:

Dial that poundage down until you build muscles back up.  Or keep it down,I am sure you have plenty to kill a deer with.

I just shot a round at 30 and was very happy.  bareshaft,broadheads and fieldpoints. My broadheads are right with the fieldpoints,the bareshafts were a touch high. I wonder if the lighted nock fit is a little tighter and brought the broadheads back down with the fieldpoints.  Either way,ready to hunt!

That is the plan, Bowmanmike.  Last season I bumped it up a little bit from 50#...  am not sure where it is set right now but I am reducing it before I shoot again.  Waiting on some 125 grain field points, then Ill lower it down and re sight it in before I shoot a broadhead..  Going a little heavier this year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

That is the plan, Bowmanmike.  Last season I bumped it up a little bit from 50#...  am not sure where it is set right now but I am reducing it before I shoot again.  Waiting on some 125 grain field points, then Ill lower it down and re sight it in before I shoot a broadhead..  Going a little heavier this year 

Nice!! I am going with a heavier broadhead,but I am taking the same amount of screw in weight out of the insert to keep my total arrow weight the same. The grizzly samurai 125gr heads I used last year were a little noisy because they were vented,not solid.

Even though my bow is not that fast at just under 250fps,but it was noticable.

• Like 1

b47e414bb0ffc69a645f6253afdb9f9f.jpg
a034ad3004f380cdb71f883d63ff62d5.jpg

First shot of 2021. A tad wide left at 20yds

Took 8 total shots. 2 from 20yds and 6 from 25yds from what I walked off (forgot rangefinder at home).

6 of the 8 shots within 1/4” of bulls. 2 I kinda pulled maybe 2” off. I’ll get serious next week.

Shoulder felt great. Drawing, shooting, all felt smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2