First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

• 9 months later...

Ok legit I have no clue.  Meaning first shots since 2021 at a new house and just guessing on range at the new house.  Thought 25 but it may be 30.  Plus I only could find 100g vs 125g heads that I hunt with.  In any event, pretty sure I will be fine. 

06CF0C83-99FB-49DA-A5AB-F60ED2684A08.jpeg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ridgerunner88 said:

4th session ever… this is 20yds… gonna shoot 3-5x week with the goal of getting these closer… not gonna shoot a deer outside 20 this year… just a hard rule I am setting on myself being my 1st year

ef5fd4e53d93276fa0af6d01149dab09.jpg
c174c3f89b47031e210cbcc749b87ee8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a good plan . I’ll throw this,out there , I don’t make adjustments to pins , rests ect . based on one shooting session. So say if I’m left, today , it’s gotta stay consistently left over a few shooting sessions , before I adjust anything .

Achery is a game of consistency, form,follow through ,anchor pt. Grip and on and on , just do it the same way each time  . Once your group tightens up , you can tell better what’s what .

I may just dust off my bow today !

• Like 1

That’s a good plan . I’ll throw this,out there , I don’t make adjustments to pins , rests ect . based on one shooting session. So say if I’m left, today , it’s gotta stay consistently left over a few shooting sessions , before I adjust anything .
Achery is a game of consistency, form,follow through ,anchor pt. Grip and on and on , just do it the same way each time  . Once your group tightens up , you can tell better what’s what .
I may just dust off my bow today !

100%… I am trying to be methodical and focus on the mechanics now so those good habits become 2nd nature… plus I know my bow is good, my bow guy is a guru.. the inaccuracy is on me but that will improve.

I am gonna shoot 15 shots from 20 and 6 from 30 each session and keep track of what % I get into the vitals. My goal is to be 100% by opening day.

Here is my first 3 from 30…

88015dd40aeac41bac686a446e6688dd.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

That target should last you well into 2033 at the rate it is getting used. 

it's brand new. I'll probably shoot 2-3X/week for next few weeks before the 9/15 opener.

Edited by BizCT

I'm more worried about the pool flamingo and hot tub!!!!

I missed a target once out of 600-700 shots in career. And you were there. When TCIII brought the black bear and I tried 40yds with a 20yd new sight tape and I guessed on how to aim.

To Hit the pool or Hot tub would be 15-20ft miss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15 minutes ago, heavuser said:

20220829_173018.thumb.jpg.e691bd71724ba16a7aa642c46e41590b.jpg

3 shots at 60, and yes I did measure my grouping ... lol. I was not able to replicate this. 

I'm usually practicing over at Stewart State Forest not sure if anyone else is doing the same. 

Not too shabby...actually really good. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, heavuser said:

Now I just need to be able to consistently replicate that.... Still getting used to the thumb release. It was also pretty windy today which didn't help. 

I imagine a thumb release being tricky. I stuck with my index release because it took me long enough to get my DL right. I try to activate it by using my back muscles and not the finger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I imagine a thumb release being tricky. I stuck with my index release because it took me long enough to get my DL right. I try to activate it by using my back muscles and not the finger.

Youd never go back, give one a whirl. Have you got another bow you can setup for it?