First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

Some practice pics from the other night.. 

And as a bonus my daughter (whom never ever wanted to hunt before) asks if her bow is strong enough to kill a deer..  Guess the back off no pressure technique is starting to work! My son will probably never hunt so i really hope she gains some interest in it. I'm sure she will, she is a daddy's girl!   Looks like momma is getting a new bow next year and shes getting mommas bow !

IMG_9459.jpg

IMG_9462.jpg

IMG_9495.JPG

IMG_9496.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been busy and haven't even shot my bow. Had to pack up and winterize everything this weekend as theres snow in the forecast so still no stand time. Got some practice in though. First arrow of the season at a safe 20 yards into the block. Then first group of the season out at 40 yards. Wasn't expecting contact but no arrows busted and I'm ready to get in the stand.
20221015_121848.jpg20221015_122437.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guess not to many shoot through the season ?

Ive laid off any workout that hurts my shoulders , done a lot of pt , got rid of my 30 and 40 yard pins since I never shoot much past 20 ,and they all blur with my old eyes .

Three at 20, 25,30 yards,no pain steady hold , but sitting in a tree for hours will be the test .

0F4EB22A-1D4B-418C-AB92-B0B64E8FD428.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

Guess not to many shoot through the season ?

Ive laid off any workout that hurts my shoulders , done a lot of pt , got rid of my 30 and 40 yard pins since I never shoot much past 20 ,and they all blur with my old eyes .

Three at 20, 25,30 yards,no pain steady hold , but sitting in a tree for hours will be the test .

I do let off a few in my garage just to stay in form, otherwise no shooting for me during the season. I know I can shoot, just need to find the deer. 

My in season practice is generally 1 to 3 arrows before going out for a PM hunt. Mostly at about 22 yds from the back patio. Occasionally from the upstairs window. Decided to turn down the poundage again last weekend after I struggled to draw from the stand with cold muscles. Sucks getting old.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Single arrow practice is the best ! No chance to walk it in , just like hunting . I always shoot a FP before I climb down , pick out a stick, and shoot . Good to,shoot from the actual stand I hunt out of , and estimate the distance correctly ,there’s zero estimating in my yard .

• Like 2