First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

Let's kick this off!

Hadn't touched my bow since March until last week. No pics but I was all over the target.

Will be picking up a new target later this week and get to shooting regularly and will start posting pics.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I shoot an arrow or 2 at 20yds when I let the dog out first thing in the morning.  If I  am going to shoot a bad one, it's going to happen most likely when I am stiff and crusty eyed.  Lol.   Did ok today.  Slightly low but I will take it. 

IMG_0820.JPG

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 9

First two shots today at 60yds. I like to start long and work in, just wrapped and fletched up some arrows, trying out new vanes (Vanetec Swift Series 2.88) due to an occasional clearance issue (with my shelf) using blazers. The Swift's are only .4" tall, blazers are like .6". So far so good!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IMG_20170731_150402151_HDR.thumb.jpg.d9aIMG_20170731_123022851.thumb.jpg.85b46e9
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, chrisw said:

First two shots today at 60yds. I like to start long and work in, just wrapped and fletched up some arrows, trying out new vanes (Vanetec Swift Series 2.88) due to an occasional clearance issue (with my shelf) using blazers. The Swift's are only .4" tall, blazers are like .6". So far so good!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IMG_20170731_150402151_HDR.jpgIMG_20170731_123022851.jpg

Great shooting from 60.  Haven't shot more than 6 arrows from the compound this year but I wouldn't mind some long shots like that!

Glad to get this started!!!  Thanks ...Rob!  This was a couple weeks ago.  First two targets are 25 and 30 yards, deer was my last group at 50 was not very happy with my lowest shot.  My eyes are getting worse, definitely need glasses this year.

IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

• Like 8

The first pic was from Sunday at a field shoot. and the second pic is today at 80 yards.  First Pic with orange arrow (Not my arrow) is from top left to clock wise.  80,70, both in Bull, then 60,50yards both out lol Arg! 

Second pic was 80 today and my first shot was he lowest!  Not sure what happened, if I dropped my arm or what but the shot and release I felt was dead on, have to start marking my arrows because I have some inconsistency.  (I know some of the fletching is slightly torn but nothing major, see what happens when I mark and check them.  Even possible I used the wrong pin!)  Was happy with my last group, all 10's with 2 - 12's from 23 to 50 yards, and the deer at 50 was one of the 12's.  Good to leave on a high note!  My neck and back issues are subsiding somewhat, luck me work has been light.  This will be the first week I have been able to shoot 3 days, hope I stay in line as the bow is ready I just need to work on good form, see how I hold up!  

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

• Like 3

Sure wish I could add a shot pic here. After shooting a few arrows last week, I'm unable to draw my bow again. I'll give the shoulder a few more days before trying again. default_sorry.gif

Nice and easy still almost 2 months....dont over due it looking forward to you and the grandson in the archer harvest page

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Wasn't happy with my recent groups. Decided to put a stableizer on, Throphy Ridge Dart. After some tweaking the past few days this is first group on new target tonight. First a little high and left, second and third in there but still a little left.

eed9a30ea02c4b530c31e97e30fcd62c.jpg

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Do most of you guys shoot at a target on the ground, or put a target up on a chair or something to be higher off the ground? I'm new to this and both times I shot I put target on the ground but maybe I should raise it up in a chair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set it on the ground. You really only notice a difference when shooting from a treestand elevation . You wont have to worry about that though.

Thx. I will practice off my deck though since it's close to the same Height as one of my spots where I sit in some Rocks about 10-12 above where deer walk beneath me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk