First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

18 minutes ago, ....rob said:

Decided to try my own experiment tonight. Shoot a 31" arrow and see what difference there was from my 28" arrows. First pic, height was spot on, an inch left.

Second pic. I wasn't dead set on adjusting my sight. So I shot 4 arrows. Top bulls eye, first a little high and left, second a little left. Took a minute, got ready for 3rd shot. Made sure peep window was aligned with site window, a bit high. Last was bottom bullseye and right there again just a pinch low.
Remember folks, never start making adjustments to your bow until you double check your form.

18dc625e35613704d7e870c449901ed8.jpg9129a2c3290afa0f217d4e07ec93b67f.jpg

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Have you paper tuned, bare shaft tuned or done the walk back tuning yet? I think you might benefit from one of those. 

It will have to be done outside though. 

36 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Have you paper tuned, bare shaft tuned or done the walk back tuning yet? I think you might benefit from one of those. 

It will have to be done outside though. 

No paper tuning. No bare shaft tuning. No resources to re-fletch my arrows if I strip them. Still shooting well. I did the walk back when I started having to shoot in my home.

As for the poke about having to shoot outside? I didn't make the rules of this park. So if shooting in my home is the only way to get and keep my form and accuracy, I will continue to do so. I also never shoot well in a crowd. So joining a club to shoot my bow would not be a great idea. Sorry if you have an issue with the fact that I am still getting my time in shooting in my home. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ....rob said:

No paper tuning. No bare shaft tuning. No resources to re-fletch my arrows if I strip them. Still shooting well. I did the walk back when I started having to shoot in my home.

As for the poke about having to shoot outside? I didn't make the rules of this park. So if shooting in my home is the only way to get and keep my form and accuracy, I will continue to do so. I also never shoot well in a crowd. So joining a club to shoot my bow would not be a great idea. Sorry if you have an issue with the fact that I am still getting my time in shooting in my home. 

I could care less where you shoot, it ain't my walls that are the back stop for you. Lol 

Walk back tuning takes more space than you can get shooting indoors. You can also do it with broad heads to save a step. I recommend a good Broadhead target for that though. You could probably do that on some state land and be good to go.  

I prefer a combination of methods, paper then bare shaft and a simplified walk back tuning and then broadheads though I moved away from fixed a few years back. 

45cdea09d12bd7ef28c896058f018037.jpgfirst 4 of night.

de7c33875a720c877cd9be6cf222c1e8.jpg last 4 of the night.

20 shots taken all from 20 yards. First shots taken all summer. I've left it sighted in for broad heads so I'm guesstimating a little low and a little right to find the bullseye. Today was more about technic than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have to remember to bring my phone down when I let the dog out at zero dark thirty.  Shoot a first shot everyday and always think, geeze I should have my phone.  Oh well, tomorrow.  lol  Good news, I have not missed the 4" green on the 18-1 Rinehart in a long time. 

2 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Post the first pic when you shoot, groups are great but that first shot is what counts and is what this post is about.  Lets see that first shot!  Vary your distance!  27 yards, 36 yards etc. 

I'm to lazy to walk 20 yards after the first shot only to walk back and take 3 more! Ha Ha. 

Maybe next time 

First of the night, 60. Long distance practice helps me tons at 20 etc  

Im glad I went up to 125grn up front. Seems to be more stable of an arrow flight. I think I'm done micro adjusting the pins finally (after this shot). 

Edit to add, I should have taken a better pic lol  

IMG_1089.JPG

Edited by Doewhacker
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Im glad I went up to 125grn up front. Seems to be more stable of an arrow flight. I think I'm done micro adjusting the pins finally (after this shot). 

IMG_1089.JPG

Yep.  Hard to see that arrow dead center.  Even more so from 60yds.  Lol.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doewhacker said:

IMG_1089.JPG

Absolutely on the increased FOC , i started shooting 50g brass inserts , i put some arrows together for a guy at work and his overall weight was a tad low , i recommended he go to a 125 and he said they shot so much more consistent.  

• Like 1

First time shooting since July 30th. Second time since surgery. Been working hard at PT after some discomfort from last shooting.

First arrow 25 yards.20170810_193443.jpgLast two same distance. 20170810_193727.jpgThat was it, only three arrows for now. Need to shoot using my head and not my heart.  First one I'm happy with.  I'll be ok! ......Big Smile......

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

First time shooting since July 30th. Second time since surgery. Been working hard at PT after some discomfort from last shooting.

First arrow 25 yards.20170810_193443.jpgLast two same distance. 20170810_193727.jpgThat was it, only three arrows for now. Need to shoot using my head and not my heart.  First one I'm happy with.  I'll be ok! ......Big Smile......

Very good, don't worry one bit.  How does your shoulder feel now?  Sometimes just taking one or a few shots is better than overshooting. 

• Like 1

havent shot much last few days but got a quick 16 arrows at 20yds in before dinner.  First, next 7 and then another group of 8.  Had better days but will kill deer. 
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0838.JPG

U don't get worried about breaking arrows shooting that many?

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

U don't get worried about breaking arrows shooting that many?

I am shooting a recurve with no sight.  What are the chances?  Lol.  Yep I have robin hooded quite a few this year and I might not have if I limited it to 3 arrows.  Cost of doing business and being to lazy to pull arrows after 3 shots. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Very good, don't worry one bit.  How does your shoulder feel now?  Sometimes just taking one or a few shots is better than overshooting. 

Feels ok. Still some pain while drawing. Ice pack on right after shooting. Last time shooting, shot 9 and over did it. Couldn't draw my bow after that until yesterday. My PT said, all my hard work is really helping!  I'm doing very well for my age and the surgery I had, along with some other stuff.  "But don't over do it, shoot with your head, not your heart". He's been really awesome to work with!  And it's so true, make the first one count. Every time!

53 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You only need one good shot Grampy. 

Good thing, cause that may be all I have!......lol

Just want to thank you again my friend, and to many others here too. For all the encouragement and pep talks, right from day one after surgery. You have no idea how much it helped and motivated me. You guys are awesome!

• Like 2

That first ones a dead deer every time...awesome

You guys are making me itch to get mine out....just been busy prepping my boat for salmon next few weeks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm getting there! Setup the rest and tied in the peep today, got a good hole so time to sight in and then see what broadheads are doing5da9b6ceea40574a00a382ff1209446b.jpg94a95d89a3a9fedccab1e6a371aa0258.jpg

One sweet looking set up Tacks!  No doubt it'll shoot as good as it looks!

• Like 2