First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

fairly loose biz,just to keep the bow from dropping to the ground...

If it's tight at all it will make you torque the bow.  Like Bowman said, it's just there to keep you from dropping the bow on the ground.

Ok perfect. That's how mine is and was just making sure it shouldn't be tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 shots today, first one was at 30yds at 6:30 this morning second was just now at 90yds.bfa6f49175f4d1d3ac75f730c8699a16.jpg&key=7f2abb01bb8928e35a28232218185e6eb70fe9bbace84ae229c6ebfbbd0288be

Nice! You are ready for our west. Just read the other day on Bowsite about a guy who killed a nice sheep at 91yds

Nice! You are ready for our west. Just read the other day on Bowsite about a guy who killed a nice sheep at 91yds

Never would I shoot at a critter that far, time of flight is too long! 60yds is my limit but I would much rather them be at 25.

• Like 4

Never would I shoot at a critter that far, time of flight is too long! 60yds is my limit but I would much rather them be at 25.

Sometimes u got no choice. Just lob it in

38 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

It's those long practice shots, that make a 30 yarder at a deer seem like a chip shot! Nice shooting!

• Like 2

3 bare 2 fletched.  22yds.   I think I need to cut 1/2" off the FMJs.  Only arrow with the left nock.  Going to shoot some 30yd groups later to confirm.  Then out to 90yds like Buckmaster - yeah righttttttt!

IMG_0861.JPG

Now that is impressive!

Any Indian can shoot a compound at 100yds with the right tackle.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Now that is impressive!

Any Indian can shoot a compound at 100yds with the right tackle.

Not true.  90yds is hard with an Olympic compound.  That's impressive shooting buckmaster.  

Happy with the tune though. Got out to 30 and my 2 bare are grouping within margin of error of the 10 fletched. 

IMG_0862.JPG

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

Not true.  90yds is hard with an Olympic compound.  That's impressive shooting buckmaster.  
Happy with the tune though. Got out to 30 and my 2 bare are grouping within margin of error of the 10 fletched. 
IMG_0862.JPG

Really trying to bust up those arrows! 3 is my max before I get scared to break one lol

23 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

IMG_0862.JPG

I want your opinion on bare shaft tuning, personally I feel after 30 it shows more issues with form than it does with tuning on a compound. What say you?

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Really trying to bust up those arrows! 3 is my max before I get scared to break one lol

Admittedly I am lazy and I also cut and fletch my own.  I keep plenty of bareshafts ready to go.  But yes I Robin Hood more than I would if I shot 3.  Keep in mind Biz, I often shoot more than 100 arrows in a session so it would be a long session if I stopped every 3 to retrieve arrows.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I want your opinion on bare shaft tuning, personally I feel after 30 it shows more issues with form than it does with tuning on a compound. What say you?

Not sure.   I know that if bares and fletched hit together out to 30 with either my recurve or compound, the broadheads will be dead on.  20 doesn't always tell the story.   I don't shoot the compound much anymore but 30 is where I used to bareshaft.   I figure by that point, if an arrow is going to veer off it will show.  So you may very well be right that beyond that it's a form issue.   I never had problems shooting BHs at 40 and 50 with the compound when I bareshafted to 30. 

I remember one dealer telling me I was chasing a ghost when I was buying shims because my bareshafts were slightly nock right at 30yds with my 80lb compound.  He was probably just suggesting I was a bit too anal and was probably correct. Lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Not sure.   I know that if bares and fletched hit together out to 30 with either my recurve or compound, the broadheads will be dead on.  20 doesn't always tell the story.   I don't shoot the compound much anymore but 30 is where I used to bareshaft.   I figure by that point, if an arrow is going to veer off it will show.  So you may very well be right that beyond that it's a form issue.   I never had problems shooting BHs at 40 and 50 with the compound when I bareshafted to 30. 

I remember one dealer telling me I was chasing a ghost when I was buying shims because my bareshafts were slightly nock right at 30yds with my 80lb compound.  He was probably just suggesting I was a bit too anal and was probably correct. Lol

I'm guilty of that too but I enjoy chasing perfection I guess. I bare shafted out to 50 and I found perfect form threw perfect bare shaft's. I liked it because it showed just how good I wasn't lol. But then again arrows have fletching for a reason.

• Like 2

It's sad but I have heard the pros in shops these days say things like "you can't tune the new fast bows", "you're shooting mechanicals? No need to paper tune" etc etc. having a properly tuned bow is the most important part of archery hunting in my opinion. My compounds will shoot a bare shaft in the same hole as a fletched arrow and the biggest broadhead you can find. Tuning a bow properly is a challenging but very rewarding thing.

One thing many don't understand about shooting a bow that isn't tuned properly is that if the nick is not perfectly behind the head on impact the arrow will Wil to the side and that is costing you a ton of KE. It could be the difference between watching the deer drop or never finding it if you hit shoulder.

• Like 1