First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

4 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I'm guilty of that too but I enjoy chasing perfection I guess. I bare shafted out to 50 and I found perfect form threw perfect bare shaft's. I liked it because it showed just how good I wasn't lol. But then again arrows have fletching for a reason.

Pretty sure you are good on tuning when bareshafts are good at 50!   No doubt form affects bare shafts more.   I know that when I go to a deeper hook on the string and change nothing else, the arrow will show weaker.  Probably because I am actually getting a cleaner release.

• Like 2

Grandson's and my, first shots tonight. Both from 30. Mine on left. His on right. Yeah he's out shooting me. He also ran a lap around the yard before taking the shot. Trying to simulate being excited, like he will be when he draws on that first deer. 20170819_184907.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Doewhacker, I like the pink arrows what brand are they must make for easy findings after the shot on a deer. Nice shooting. Id like to get some and some lumnoks.

Some are wraps and one of them is a shrink on job. I have switched to only using the shrink fletch now because it is so damn easy to replace damaged fletching. I use these... http://www.cabelas.com/product/NAP-QuikFletch-QuickSpinST-Vanes/745247.uts?productVariantId=1620647&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=02609995&rid=20&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0qDzg_Lm1QIVkLXACh31bw5aEAQYASABEgLKrvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I find them on sale and get a pack a year for repairs. I have never used a lighted nock but they do seem to work good. 

On 8/18/2017 at 5:40 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

2 shots today, first one was at 30yds at 6:30 this morning second was just now at 90yds.bfa6f49175f4d1d3ac75f730c8699a16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90?

Are you using some sort of scope on the sight?

I don't wear glasses but I don't think I'd be able to see clearly out to 90 yards using a regular pin sight.

target panic must be gone?

I bought a hinge release and I honesty don't know if I will ever shoot a trigger release again. Probably have 1500shots with it so far and am truly amazed how Much of a difference it has made in my shooting. Having shot bows year round for a bit over 20 years now I now realize how many bad habits I had developed and although I have always been a good shot I now realize why I could never shoot those stupid tight groups that I have saw others shooting. I always blamed it on my bows setup because I shoot a huge peep and a very large pin but now realize it was all the Indian.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I bought a hinge release and I honesty don't know if I will ever shoot a trigger release again. Probably have 1500shots with it so far and am truly amazed how Much of a difference it has made in my shooting. Having shot bows year round for a bit over 20 years now I now realize how many bad habits I had developed and although I have always been a good shot I now realize why I could never shoot those stupid tight groups that I have saw others shooting. I always blamed it on my bows setup because I shoot a huge peep and a very large pin but now realize it was all the Indian.

Are you planning to hunt with it? I like hinges except for extreme up or downhill shots like out of a treestand. I hunt with a Stan thumb release. Never going back to a trigger either

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Are you planning to hunt with it? I like hinges except for extreme up or downhill shots like out of a treestand. I hunt with a Stan thumb release. Never going back to a trigger either

Are you guys using back tension? I tried a thumb style, but couldn't get used to it. 

Yes, I have tried tried the most extreme angles I will shoot and have no problems. I bought the Scott longhorn hunter so I can cheat it if I have to.

Are you guys using back tension? I tried a thumb style, but couldn't get used to it. 

Sort of a mix. I've read articles where the best archers in the world say that no matter what anyone tells you about back tension there has to be some hand rotation to get a release to go off.

• Like 1

On i wish I had taken a pic of tonight's groups.  Let's just say that i would have had to use the panoramic feature.  An elephant at 5yd s would have been safe.  And I couldn't shoot my way out of it.  I love trad shooting but when it goes bad it can be horrible.   Let's just hope my body readjusts after a day break.   Holy Smokes Was That Horrible!

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1