First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

Years ago we'd take an old mattress, tear it open then grab all the "fill" out of it and stuff it in a burlap bag.  It worked GREAT! 
These days if a burlap bag isn't available, a feed bag from Agway might work??
All that said, man you'd (rob.....) be damn careful shooting in the house (trailer) as a miss could be costly in a couple ways.

The one I have in my basement is stuffed with the guts of two old hurricane bags. I’ve heard of guys using shopping bags but the have trouble with them melting to their arrows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 2/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, Lawdwaz said:

Years ago we'd take an old mattress, tear it open then grab all the "fill" out of it and stuff it in a burlap bag.  It worked GREAT! 

These days if a burlap bag isn't available, a feed bag from Agway might work??

All that said, man you'd (rob.....) be damn careful shooting in the house (trailer) as a miss could be costly in a couple ways. :(

I am very careful when shooting in the house. My dog now knows when I bring out the bow she goes and lays down in the kitchen. That's the biggest concern.

As for accidents, shooting down my hallway really isn't any different then shooting at an indoor or outdoor range, if something bad is going to happen, it will happen no matter where I shoot. I am just limited in yardage.

I hadn't touched the bow in a while, took two shots to make sure form was still on. Posted it in a different thread;

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/44798-put-some-turkey-loads-on-paper-this-morning/?tab=comments#comment-663406

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Got out and did some shooting today , piss poor performance on my part . I couldn't believe how bad i shot . My bow arm broke down quickly as well ,the same one im having ac joint issues with.

Right now Wolc is circling around you like a crossbow shark.. lol

If I miss a month without shooting those first couple of sets hurt .

I generally don’t start shooting till mid August or so, today I went in basement and drew back 5 times ! With all my shoulder issues that’s a big deal .

In a few days I might even shoot an arrow,or two.

My first draw was pretty good and I’d feel confident with it on stand .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You guys inspired be to sling a few today, felt good to be outside!707897c88a907da780a9ecaa41bf45d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome image. Wooly would be proud. Just flat out beautiful! The sun set, the shadows, the reflections. The lighted nock lit up before the shot.

Now, you got any pics of the arrow hitting the target?

• Like 1

Awesome image. Wooly would be proud. Just flat out beautiful! The sun set, the shadows, the reflections. The lighted nock lit up before the shot.
Now, you got any pics of the arrow hitting the target?

Who ever said I hit the target?? Not a lighted nock by the way that's just a sun spot
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Who ever said I hit the target?? Not a lighted nock by the way that's just a sun spot

Good point, perhaps you didn't even release the arrow? Who knows, still loved that pic!

As for the nock, wow! If that's not lighted please tell me what brand you use. If not lighted that sure is bright. I would like to see if I can get them for my arrows.

4 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Good point, perhaps you didn't even release the arrow? Who knows, still loved that pic!

As for the nock, wow! If that's not lighted please tell me what brand you use. If not lighted that sure is bright. I would like to see if I can get them for my arrows.

That looks like a lighted cuff link!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Got out for some arrow flinging today ,I was shooting well today . I always document my progress with pictures ,this group was from the platform at 60 yards. I'm more then pleased for my second time shooting for the year.

20180429_161518.jpg

Was that shooting lefty Jeremy?

To lazy to get the first arrow today. 23 yards in a pretty good wind with decent gusts. That flyer on the top was a big gust of wind that hit me just as I went to pull the trigger. Made me think about hunting in the wind a lot. That would have been a really bad shot on a live animal. dceb926f4c67d8311b5b9d089363d4c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1