First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I plan to shoot this as a walk on a few times, could be a good meetup eb7d9a10649d40ef2c5620d5bac6160d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks like fun. I like guessing the yardage though but I’d be down for that throughout summer

Well, well, well .

Last bow season I could no,longer draw back my bow, years of “ bad shoulders “ finally took,its tole . So X-rays and mri didn’t find anything worth fixing, so,screw it, I stopped doing most of the PT movements and added presses and rear delt work back into,my workouts .

Today I shot for the  first time since Nov. , 5 single arrows at 20 yards, pretty easy draw, slight discomfort in rear delt area . I’d feel comfortable hunting today .

2B81FB9F-EA4F-47DC-8985-114FA39DE27F.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 10

Well shot 9 arrows today, but being able to draw is really what I care about at this point . First  pull was kind of hard but ok, seemed to get easier as I shot .

324272AC-3982-4DA7-9A60-CFBD530D08DC.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

first time since May 21, shot a bunch pain free and able to draw    about 80% as easy ,as when I was  at top,form .

This is my first group at 20, my 30 yarders were high and to the right, pin was dancing all,over, once I settled down and concentrated they dropped in and I stopped on a high note . 

Plan on 2x a week 15 or so,arrows , don’t want to aggravate shoulder .

1293DCFB-3A31-4688-A7E5-DF409D197F92.png

• Like 3

Looking good Nomad!

I have a question re carbon vs. aluminum arrows.....I have been using carbon arrows, but when I shoot into 3D targets they are very hard to remove.  Someone suggested using aluminum arrows instead.   The carbon arrows come out of the bag targets and me compressed foam target just fine, but those 3D targets are a pain.   Thanks. 

• Like 1

Looking good Nomad!

I have a question re carbon vs. aluminum arrows.....I have been using carbon arrows, but when I shoot into 3D targets they are very hard to remove.  Someone suggested using aluminum arrows instead.   The carbon arrows come out of the bag targets and me compressed foam target just fine, but those 3D targets are a pain.   Thanks. 

I couldn’t disagree more, they are hard to pull from 3d targets and that makes it easy to bend an aluminum shaft. Get some Woodys arrow lube or Scorpion Venom, put it on just the first inch of your arrow every few shots

24 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I couldn’t disagree more, they are hard to pull from 3d targets and that makes it easy to bend an aluminum shaft. Get some Woodys arrow lube or Scorpion Venom, put it on just the first inch of your arrow every few shots

I agree with this! There isn't as much forgiveness to aluminum arrows as there is with carbon. 

Edited by Rob...