First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

On 6/10/2018 at 6:31 PM, moog5050 said:

272 on the NFAA blue face today.  91-90-91.  Happy with the shooting right now.  Determined to break 280 with my hunting rig.  

that's really good with a recurve. damn i should be shooting mine.

46 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

that's really good with a recurve. damn i should be shooting mine.

Thanks DB.  Shot a 276 a few weeks ago but that darn 280 has been elusive.  I also shot a 267 FITA face which undoubtedly would have put me over 280 on the NFAA blue face as FITA is way more punishing on score.

Get that bow out and shoot!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

Surprised you haven't already done it my friend. It's just around the corner though! You're one of the best shooters I know.

Wasn’t shooting too good last year for quite a spell but thanks Dave. Coming together now. 

Bought 6 new arrows, first time in a couple years , now I have  10 or 11arrows , seems like a lot to kill one or two,deer ....

Ok with my first shot of all 6, the flyer at 3 o’clock I’d be happy if it was in a bit, but the deer would be dead .

5E781931-5C1A-4535-AEDD-7AB6E8F203F6.jpeg

• Like 4

im with ya Biz.  I start shooting about Aug 1.   I actually used to shoot a lot more.  But it seemed i got more in my head than anything else and was trying to tweek to much.  I seem to shoot better nowadays when i practice to make the first shot count, and then take two others to be sure all is good and thats it.  I will do one 3D course before season as I usually do, just because it builds confidence and its fun.  Plus it gets ranges back in your mind.  I guess from shooting for so many years my form is pretty well locked in.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wow you guys are mid season form. I’m thinking late August, I’ll dust off the Mathews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t blame you I’d put off having to shoot a Mathews as well.....

After not being able to pull back my bow last season, I tested my self twice in May and now two,or three times this month , I want to maintain ,so there’s no more surprises . But yes I always started around when the licenses went on sale myself .

• Like 1

too busy so no 3D this summer.  will probably make it to a few. when i haven't shot in a while i focus on just executing a good shot and building muscles back up. point of impact might be off but that's me not the bow. as i shoot and build my shooting muscles back up it'll shift a tiny bit.  then you worry about stacking arrows.  close toward the season it's your mind that'd make or break your shooting. so many shoot multiple arrows at a time.  only thing that's doing is proving you can convince yourself your going to make a better shot after you've maybe missed the deer. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

too busy so no 3D this summer.  will probably make it to a few. when i haven't shot in a while i focus on just executing a good shot and building muscles back up. point of impact might be off but that's me not the bow. as i shoot and build my shooting muscles back up it'll shift a tiny bit.  then you worry about stacking arrows.  close toward the season it's your mind that'd make or break your shooting. so many shoot multiple arrows at a time.  only thing that's doing is proving you can convince yourself your going to make a better shot after you've maybe missed the deer. lol

I agree , I’m a big fan off one arrow at a time , shooting a handful in a day . I shot all six of the new arrows as I just wanted to fire them all at one time .

Plus shooting in the summer I tend to shoot 12 or 15 in one session as I have neighbors who are home during the day and outside , although they don’t care and I feel my set up is safe , I just like  to get it all in when they’re not out .

In darts we called it walking the dart in ,first dart is a little low ,next is closer third one youre in  the triple twenty .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Negative. I really need to get going ! 

dunno if you can shoot bow at your house or not, but its always a nice break for 15 minutes a night to take a few quick shots before dark and a beer.  First beer only of course.  If you have to go somewhere thats a PITA 

First shot today was a flyer. Missed the bag completely at 17 yards. 🤪

Second round was better. Stopped after that. And yes I was shooting on an angle.

ad4d6d804a4253f82db4015dae0c81ed.jpg&key=8bbaf872ac65a5d7c3c7afca16070abf49c6d49cf28844ce9518dbc53b22a817

A flyer or a hayburner?!?!?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, grampy said:

Picking up my grandson after work. He will help me cut grass, then we will shoot. He's become a better shot than I am. Will post up pic's later.

Shot His new rifle, instead of our bows tonight. Bows are on deck though!

Got the bow out this morning! The bow is spot on but my shoulders are shot. That first pull was a doozy yeouch! Shot 20 and plan to shoot daily to see if it gets better or worse lol.

e7882de0f63a564c193b07797edc71af.jpg

• Like 2