First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Where is the 10 ring on that grizz?? Right behind the shoulder or more in the belly?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Just between the two white dots behind the shoulder, in that dark brown swoosh. That target is massive, I'd love to have one. You could shoot it with field tips for the rest of your life and not wear it out

Just between the two white dots behind the shoulder, in that dark brown swoosh. That target is massive, I'd love to have one. You could shoot it with field tips for the rest of your life and not wear it out
Yeah that's we'll over a 1000 piece of foam.

That's why it's fun shooting in a league or event...alot cheaper and you have to have a place to keep these huge targets.

Speaking of shoots....my club Evans rod & Gun will be hosting an ASA state qualifer 30 Target shoot on July 14th. I will post a separate thread when I get more details.

2 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

That's why it's fun shooting in a league or event...alot cheaper and you have to have a place to keep these huge targets.

Speaking of shoots....my club Evans rod & Gun will be hosting an ASA state qualifer 30 Target shoot on July 14th. I will post a separate thread when I get more details.

Im all about the ASA shoots that are coming, Ill try and make yours for sure

Im all about the ASA shoots that are coming, Ill try and make yours for sure
Yeah I wanna get a group together.

I am gonna try to hit one of the others as well. Maybe 5/19 or 5/26. The other dates I am already booked.

It will be a good time at our club....great food and beer after too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought 4 volumes of Masters of the Bare Bow because i was curious. some interesting info on there. i really have to get an arrow saw and some more insert weights. to put together some more arrows and tinker.  with a compound you could adjust the bow to the arrow but with trad you really can't get around not messing the the arrow a lot. i'm just not setup for it! need to get strings from steveB too. all i have is one string for this new one.

Edited by dbHunterNY

19 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i just bought 4 volumes of Masters of the Bare Bow because i was curious. some interesting info on there. i really have to get an arrow saw and some more insert weights. to put together some more arrows and tinker.  with a compound you could adjust the bow to the arrow but with trad you really can't get around not messing the the arrow a lot. i'm just not setup for it! need to get strings from steveB too. all i have is one string for this new one.

3 is the best volume.  Yes you need to get real close with the arrow and then minor tweaks to BH can address spine issues.   I use the Weston saw - works well and not too expensive.

50 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

3 is the best volume.  Yes you need to get real close with the arrow and then minor tweaks to BH can address spine issues.   I use the Weston saw - works well and not too expensive.

good. i made it through first 2 of them. i got volumes 1 - 4. i think there's a Vol.5 but i figured i was good enough with finding four of them.

First shots taken outside, with my new to me Obsession Phoenix, purchased from moog. Got lots of time to really dial it in before October 1st. But I'm very happy with the starting point! Hopefully the end point, will be with it laying on a deer this year.

I Absolutely Love This Bow!!! So comfortable, smooth and quiet. 

A HUGE step up from my 19 year old Mathews!20190324_130939.thumb.jpg.06e7552f715580187309f83a973c85bd.jpg

• Like 8

@grampy first shoot of the year for NEBA is this Saturday. More after that. Check the schedule and let's meet up. Anyone else in the area be advised send PM on here and let's go shoot! Couple more groups north and south of capital region too. I'll have to watch for their schedules. Best first shots on 30 targets kind of practice out there. I'll have to step it up to keep up with Dave though.
fda8f4826cab86081bbc666ce41e68c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Definitely looks like fun Dan. Will have to pick a date and go! This Saturday is out for me unfortunately. 

I am heading the archery committee at Woodlawn Sportsmans Club this year. We are planning to do some shoots there too. Along with a youth archery day. All invited! Will come back with the info when we nail down the date.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

a794c2984ba18c791247c6c3c2386113.jpg772638bfc9e5c68235b87481990d8a7f.jpgWe launched some bombs at this moose before going to the actual stake. f95b8be187008e7678f3840ad8d1475f.jpgda795f758a657cf29846f4a2ec4ddb05.jpgfe428f4660e6f22504a1d9922cf825c1.jpg0012e99d9fd7e1cab05d7d2a66986300.jpg3689ccbbd95402bba9016b7d8901d0b4.jpg0ce6d2da70807a9c17b09a717dbe0188.jpgHawkeye is always a great shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was nice of Tack to give me somethng to aim for!! That moose was out there! We need to get 1 for the Academy!

Since I can’t draw my old bow , I bought an Elite Synergy off Jeremy K, ( thank you .)  Tossed my old sights on it shot 2 arrows,high, moved block down , that worked, then moved it to left . 8 arrows and I’m done .  No pics of high ones, but they were top of the block .

Oh twenty yards . Center pic is last two shots,after final move of pins .

Bow shoots great , I was a little shaky ,so no fine tuning till I’m fine tuned .

EB1442CD-F7F8-4DB6-8F0E-6CD98FE6654D.jpeg

38EAE720-DE00-4E3D-BDFF-865370B8F055.jpeg

0BB749AC-6300-4E3C-A9A7-044626268065.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 4