First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

On 6/11/2019 at 9:05 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

They have these heavy mats at tractor supply you can hang behind your target, they stop arrows. They’re called horse mats or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Worked like a charm!  I had an old (and used) horse mat in the barn, screwed it to an old firewood log rack and put on a paper target.  At 10 yards, 45# trad, field point went in about half way.  

Thanks for the idea! 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1

I may just do that!  What night is the regular meeting?

Be careful about the word “night” when dealing with WNY schedules. Pretty sure they start after their dinner which is usually at like 2:00. Right to bed after Jeopardy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

Hey Jeremy,just occurred to me. Do you use a magnifier peep ? I dont and close to fifty things get blurry.

No, just a 5/16 Peep sight. I'm still able to see it clearly but the pin covers quite a bit of the target at 50 and 60 yards ,one thing I do is try and dim my sight as much as I can, the bright pins really cover a large area of the target at longer get yards.

• Like 1

I gotta tell you, I’m done with late dinners out . We sit at home watching the clock , wtf I say who cares Im hungry let’s go eat .

Even when I worked I was home  by 4:30 when I was on days ,why sit around ? 

If I didn’t get home from work till 6 or 7 , I’d jump,off a bridge .

I do go to bed around midnight most days though ,get up 8:30 or so if I feel ambitious.

I gotta tell you, I’m done with late dinners out . We sit at home watching the clock , wtf I say who cares Im hungry let’s go eat .
Even when I worked I was home  by 4:30 when I was on days ,why sit around ? 
If I didn’t get home from work till 6 or 7 , I’d jump,off a bridge .
I do go to bed around midnight most days though ,get up 8:30 or so if I feel ambitious.

But you still slide down a pile to your kitchen right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoping to get in on this thread as now i have a yard to shoot in.put on new (cheaper sight) by trophy ridge.first shots at 10yrds for adjustment.first 2 shots were way right almost off target.2 more and closer.feels good to be able to walk out the door and shoot!apartment was right next to town hall and public parking lot so that wasnt happening!and 2 more.a bit rusty!!

20190614_165452.jpg

20190614_171422.jpg

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

My grandson came over to shoot after we went and picked up his new arrows. For the first time he beat me on our target scores. I always try and shoot my best, no giveaway's. He's been close before, but now the student has beaten his teacher.  So proud of him!!

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Threw a few downrange at 25 yards tonight. Felt good to get back in the swing of things.5637d208d1bec7be2fc7cbb12f81bf1f.jpg62c378f02cf9c2c81468eb98595fafca.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nice group,and i have the same target! I have been practicing,but i keep forgetting to bring my phone out with me. Maybe tomorrow..I started to shoot at 50 yds with my compound,and most groups are not bad relatively speaking.

At 25 I usually try to shoot different dots on that bag.....but since these were my last 3 arrows of the night I decided to shoot the outside left edge of that black ring, then the center, and finally the outside right edge.
I was very happy with that group!

• Like 1

At 25 I usually try to shoot different dots on that bag.....but since these were my last 3 arrows of the night I decided to shoot the outside left edge of that black ring, then the center, and finally the outside right edge.
I was very happy with that group!

That’s a humble brag if I’ve ever heard one before. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Shooting been getting a little better still have shot out past 30yrds. But heres shots at 20 and 25 with my fixed blades muzzys.  Always had a hard time shooting fixed blades never flew like the field points but they flew great.  Still deciding between my carbon express radial weave 300 with 4inch vanes or the beman 340 with 2" blazer vanes.   Shooting about the same atleast out to 30.

20190714_160413.jpg

20190714_160501.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Haven't been at the range lately ,just been in the basement every night going over fundamentals of shot release and pin float ,muscle memory etc. League starts in August so I want to be ready to go from week 1.

20190714_194949.jpg

looks like you are ready,nice!

Shot in an AsA qualifier at Evans today.....was a last minute decision so I shot as a walk on since I am not available next weekend to shoot in the championships. Not a bad round of 291.
I am guessing since 12 rings are in play you need to shoot North of 330 in Hunter class to end up near the top.
This was target 30 at 3o yards.....ended up with a 10 and missed the 12 ring by millimeters. Felt good to get a round in today.a31d8c413f514fe828f7888b1fb37216.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/14/2019 at 9:03 PM, mlammerhirt said:

Shot in an AsA qualifier at Evans today.....was a last minute decision so I shot as a walk on since I am not available next weekend to shoot in the championships. Not a bad round of 291.
I am guessing since 12 rings are in play you need to shoot North of 330 in Hunter class to end up near the top.
This was target 30 at 3o yards.....ended up with a 10 and missed the 12 ring by millimeters. Felt good to get a round in today.a31d8c413f514fe828f7888b1fb37216.jpg

How much is the fee for.an ASA qualifier? There was one locally last weekend,i just wanted to shoot the 3D course really,but was afraid the entry fee was a lot more than usual.