First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

5 minutes ago, buffalojay83 said:

Luck? Yeah probably53ede61e730514b988cee86c4934b8da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

With Buffalo and Jay in forum name I’m intrigued to where you be located. We’ve got a few Jays n Jason’s here local and always could use another at a Yelling Goat GTG 

• Like 1

With Buffalo and Jay in forum name I’m intrigued to where you be located. We’ve got a few Jays n Jason’s here local and always could use another at a Yelling Goat GTG 

Hey I just sorted out the first 3 jays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 8:40 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Damn ya got me, my name is Jason and I live near Buffalo.  What is gtg?  Does it involve eating food and or drinking beer?

5 minutes ago, buffalojay83 said:

Damn ya got me, my name is Jason and I live near Buffalo.  What is gtg?  Does it involve eating food and or drinking beer?

Gtg is get together. We’ve had a few large ones with 20-23 forum members and a few smaller scaled ones at The Yelling Goat in Lancaster. Definitely food and beer. I’ll keep you in the loop for our next one 

• Like 1

Shoulder was a little sore today but got some shots in.  Did shoot out of the tree stand and shooting about 3-4 inches lower than on level ground.   If it continues ill have to make some adjustments.

All pictures are from when i was on the ground.  Did get interupted by my little hunting buddy wanting to pet the turkey.

20190801_183555.jpg

20190801_183528.jpg

20190801_183634.jpg

20190801_193242.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Shoulder was a little sore today but got some shots in.  Did shoot out of the tree stand and shooting about 3-4 inches lower than on level ground.   If it continues ill have to make some adjustments.

All pictures are from when i was on the ground.  Did get interupted by my little hunting buddy wanting to pet the turkey.

20190801_183555.jpg

20190801_183528.jpg

20190801_183634.jpg

20190801_193242.jpg

That sounds like you might be cheating your view through the peep ,are you confident you are bending at the waist?  The esiest way to tell is draw in the tree like you're shooting on the ground ,then bend and shoot.

41 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Shooting lower from the tree? That's interesting,most people shoot higher. Is the string making contact with your clothing when you bend maybe?

No i think it was because of my shoulder being sore. I tend to drop left arm when my shoulders sore.  Thats why i want to shoot a little more to make sure it wasnt that.  If it continues ill need to look into it more.  

22 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

That sounds like you might be cheating your view through the peep ,are you confident you are bending at the waist?  The esiest way to tell is draw in the tree like you're shooting on the ground ,then bend and shoot.

Dont have a peep sight i have a hard time looking through them with my glasses.  My guess is shoulder being sore but wouldnt be suprised if im not shooting correctly out of a stand because of not bending correctly.  Ive always had a hard time shooting out of them. Thats why i hung a stand this year to shoot from since i finally have the space to at my new house.  And to get more hunting style shots in. If shoulder ls not sore tonight ill shoot again and see.

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1