First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea so for a righty shooter, the left hand grabs the bow. I grab it naturally and then slightly readjust my hand to say 45 degrees and regrip . This moves my elbow away from the string. Fractions of an inch maybe? But doesn’t hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, from behind knuckles should be 45 degrees and not parallel to grip.  It rotates elbow out and gives clearance for forearm.   It’s really a rotation.   

• Like 1

Haven’t been shooting much but it’s time.  Not happy with two high and left.   But I have plenty of time to groove things.   Finally too that point with my longbow that I can stay relatively consistent even with extended time not shooting.   But back to it.   

61349EFF-892A-4328-BECD-9846870D5841.jpeg

• Like 4

Yes, from behind knuckles should be 45 degrees and not parallel to grip.  It rotates elbow out and gives clearance for forearm.   It’s really a rotation.   
Trick I was taught was the following. Get in shooting position without a bow and hands at your sides. Pick your bow arm up so it's parallel to ground and palm facing down. Break your wrist back. That is the natural position to shoot your bow from. Elbow is rotated out of the way. If you bend your arm at the elbow from this position it should move horizontally not vertically.

I was bringing the bow up while gripping it firmly then adjusting my palm. Grip probably wasn't right and elbow wasn't rotated. Doing that exercise prior to shooting got rid of string slap.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Good advice. You are not supposed to adjust your grip when drawing or drawn back. I clip in my release,raise the bow and rest the bottom cam on my leg and get my hand onto the grip the way i am gonna shoot. Draw back and you are there.

Great advise  I was able to rotate and that's the ticket.  I shot some nice groups tonight!

MVIMG_20190819_153938.jpg

• Like 4

Good advice. You are not supposed to adjust your grip when drawing or drawn back. I clip in my release,raise the bow and rest the bottom cam on my leg and get my hand onto the grip the way i am gonna shoot. Draw back and you are there.

Just to clarify. When I adjust my hand it’s before I begin to draw. It’s like a pre-draw routine check and then I begin.

• Like 2

Winner Winner chicken dinner.
Open to anyone. Donations accepted but not required. Tues and Thurs nights from 5 until dusk, weather permitting through the end of sept.
https://www.discovervictory.com/2k-archery

Well it sounds like there is a NEW ACADEMY in the works and it is backed BY THE LORD!!!

23 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Nice!  I love taking a few shots during lunch!

my buddies house on the way to work - hes got 20,30,40,50 markers and three targets.  I just stop on my way thru a couple of times a week now thru season.  Yeah its a nice quick break and I usually only take a couple of shots.  Make em count shots!  

Nice lunch shooting yourself! Those are dead deer at 30!

• Like 1

Well I have not shot the bow since Nov.

First 2 at 20 yards
a580845fbd2ae3be8a08cc087d3e735e.jpg

First 2 at 30 yards
4a57da6daf32a3848ff0f1c06ce1cbec.jpg

First 2 at 40 yards first shot was up a tad
7dafc86feb113684a93f78e5c3f1e5d1.jpg

The shoulder feels great unlike last year. I’ll shoot every day or two now till 10/1.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

my buddies house on the way to work - hes got 20,30,40,50 markers and three targets.  I just stop on my way thru a couple of times a week now thru season.  Yeah its a nice quick break and I usually only take a couple of shots.  Make em count shots!  

Nice lunch shooting yourself! Those are dead deer at 30!

I'm feeling confident, that's for sure.  Just need to scout a few places and keep practicing!  Nice shooting and keep the pics coming!

• Like 2