First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

23 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Starting tomorrow, I am not going to measure the distance to the bag.  Just going to walk it out there and estimate and see how well I can do

Don't count steps!!.....lol

I take my grandsons old soccer ball and have him give it a kick in the air. Where it lands, he will place the target. Sometimes he'll mess with me and really kick it far, and laugh when I miss.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have a McKenzie ball target that you throw and shoot, same concept

I want to get one of those,18-1 ,right?

I just had my bottom cam shifted over yesterday and my rest put back parallel with the riser,i think that made everything on my bow closer to where things are supposed to be. Before the switch my rest was over to the left and arrow was pointing left but flying ok. 

Now things are humming...Broadheads and fieldpoints in sync,no wobbles.

Pictures of my first shot later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

I want to get one of those,18-1 ,right?

I just had my bottom cam shifted over yesterday and my rest put back parallel with the riser,i think that made everything on my bow closer to where things are supposed to be. Before the switch my rest was over to the left and arrow was pointing left but flying ok. 

Now things are humming...Broadheads and fieldpoints in sync,no wobbles.

Pictures of my first shot later.

The 18-1 is much bigger, this thing is the size of a volleyball

https://www.lancasterarchery.com/rinehart-rft-target.html

• Thanks 1

Quick 3 cold shots at 40 with the compound.  I know I dropped the bow arm on the last one hurrying.  Really just checking sight but not horrible for not practicing with the compound.  And she seems sighted in.   Wish I could do that with my longbow or recurve!  But I would say she is good to hunt if needed.  

292A4DAE-F58E-4263-BC8E-7C658C1062C6.jpeg

• Like 5

I finally took out the compound after messing around with the recurve for the last couple of weeks.  I did ok, but I think my sight is off a little to the left.  Going to try a couple more sessions before I move it because earlier it was spot on (as long as I did my part).

I shot 10 arrows at 30, not my usual distance.  Takes a while for that arrow to get there!  There were inside the 3 ring, but that’s about it.  

• Like 1

First arrows since 8/11 , 15 arrows today which is probably 50% of the number   I’ve shot previously this year . Thinking last two,years practiced all summer then by season my shoulders were so bad I couldn’t draw , so new bow and not shooting much ,is the plan . Stopped when that pain started again in rt. Rear delt area .

Not happy with a tight group 2 1/2 inches right ,I blame the high wind ( which never effected me before ) following groups moved to center , but not as tight . Oh 22 ish yards .

B3E3EB57-8B6C-4627-92EE-8B22AA1DEE99.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

First arrows since 8/11 , 15 arrows today which is probably 50% of the number   I’ve shot previously this year . Thinking last two,years practiced all summer then by season my shoulders were so bad I couldn’t draw , so new bow and not shooting much ,is the plan . Stopped when that pain started again in rt. Rear delt area .

Not happy with a tight group 2 1/2 inches right ,I blame the high wind ( which never effected me before ) following groups moved to center , but not as tight . Oh 22 ish yards .

B3E3EB57-8B6C-4627-92EE-8B22AA1DEE99.jpeg

Take it easy Larry,don't over do it. Stick to your plan and shoot a deer or two with the bow,looks like you are close enough.

• Like 2