First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

Good and bad... my primary hunting bow I'm in process of getting retuned. I'm still tinkering.

My 3D bow serves as my backup compound hunting bow though. My first shot with it in 10 months was at a fresh deer target in the backyard. Second picture I moved back to 40 yards and shot two more arrows. Peep got a little twist in it and threw me off 2" to right.

d0d8d574b1c335fdc877555e01773c9d.jpg4d4b403c2535bcd537c18dcd2cd97fbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 9/29/2019 at 10:37 PM, dbHunterNY said:

My 3D bow serves as my backup compound hunting bow though. My first shot with it in 10 months was at a fresh deer target in the backyard. Second picture I moved back to 40 yards and shot two more arrows. Peep got a little twist in it and threw me off 2" to right.

Ha you just reminded me. 30 some years of bow hunting and I just learned a couple back , that I’m supposed to line that orange ring on the back of the sights with peep. Something I then forgot about ! Currently my peep is slightly off a twist a guess . I just put pin on the spot and fire, I don’t look at the level either ,I don’t see the point . Seems like a lot to think about .

Just shot three, one BH, two FP, 25 paces , practice during the season is the most important in my mind .Although I’ve probably shot less the 60 arrows all year .

C6E61755-E776-4A50-A3BB-7DAD13B44B39.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

Ha you just reminded me. 30 some years of bow hunting and I just learned a couple back , that I’m supposed to line that orange ring on the back of the sights with peep. Something I then forgot about ! Currently my peep is slightly off a twist a guess . I just put pin on the spot and fire, I don’t look at the level either ,I don’t see the point . Seems like a lot to think about .

Just shot three, one BH, two FP, 25 paces , practice during the season is the most important in my mind .Although I’ve probably shot less the 60 arrows all year .

C6E61755-E776-4A50-A3BB-7DAD13B44B39.jpeg

Hey,do what works for you,looks like your process does.

C6E61755-E776-4A50-A3BB-7DAD13B44B39.thumb.jpeg.5ed26b3657b8cff124f1acd9bd93aba7.jpeg
They're all just checks I have. 2" to the left of dead center isnt bad when I say I'm off though. It's all muscle memory. Shouldn't have to think about anything like you said.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So sunday getting down out of stand i thought i bumped my stabilizer on bottom of the stand.  So when i got home i decided i should shoot just to make sure.  Glad i did 2inch right and low.  So i went over the sight had 2 scews loose so i lined it up snugged it down.  Just shot it tonight all back to normal.  Pictures from 30yrd shot.

20191009_181554.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I realize every year i stop shooting end of september. probably not a good idea, but want to spend my free time hunting not target shooting

Sounds like a great idea!typically i dont either but no way i was making it to the woods today.pulled grill out for dinner and figured i might aswell let a few fly

Sorry no pic,but i have to say i am shooting awesome right now. I shot two Field points at 47 yds today and was an inch off on each. I feel so confident in my shooting,but have not been able to get a decent shot opportunity. I won't shoot 45 yds at a deer at this point though i feel comfortable. Any deer closer than 35 is getting it,aside from little ones. This guy is ready.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I don't fire an arrow during season. Shameful, but it's true.

I'm confident in my shooting, but I shoot a few arrows during season just to check my equipment. I'm paranoid I might have inadvertently bumped my sights or something stumbling through the woods. Funny that I just shot 6x yesterday, just for this reason. Still in the money, but it's a good confidence booster!

12 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I'm confident in my shooting, but I shoot a few arrows during season just to check my equipment. I'm paranoid I might have inadvertently bumped my sights or something stumbling through the woods. Funny that I just shot 6x yesterday, just for this reason. Still in the money, but it's a good confidence booster!

X2.is why i do it.dont need my target buck being in front of me and whiff on the shot due to equipment issues that i didnt realize!

Here are my first two at 46. 2" low and 2" left. Not bad though. Shot two more from a kneeling position at 30 and bullseye on both. I am waiting for a deer to give me a shot opportuntity. It has been a few years now since i killed one with the bow,its time!!!

20191014_092540.jpg

Edited by BowmanMike
Forgot to add the pic,haha
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Youre 1000% right

• Like 1

Each time prior to climbing down , I pick out a leaf or stick and shoot a FP at it . Verifying bow is still on , my shoulders are ok , also I often pick a small window or a bit farther shot then I normally would take just to see if I could make that shot . Shooting off your stand in your hunting clothes, after sitting for hours ,is about the most realistic practice there is . One great shot there does more for my confidence then a 100 in my yard .

I used to shoot on my way out , but I would lose a number of arrows in the high grass or weeds, I should bring some judo points I guess . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I shamed myself into going out and shooting. I shot a three shot group at 25 and broke two arrows. So I’m dialed in and stupid d3ed5631e2ce0d15fe4c381c7f1efd21.jpg5042b30aea6f8143d7294f03de1f6b13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

expensive 3 minutes of fun.

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I shamed myself into going out and shooting. I shot a three shot group at 25 and broke two arrows. So I’m dialed in and stupid d3ed5631e2ce0d15fe4c381c7f1efd21.jpg5042b30aea6f8143d7294f03de1f6b13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One would think you know better than shooting groups at that distance. Unless you are like Moog and dont want to walk and dont mind replacing arrows.

Tsk tsk.

Nice shooting though