First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

• 2 weeks later...

New heads just arrived, Mangus Black Hornets . I’ve used a Mangus ,two blade swaged heads for many  years then Stingers W/ bleeders for I think 12 years . Saw Hocks post and sent for two packs of these.

Just shot one head rotated on my hunting arrows ,here’s the first one 20 yards, good to go !

96610A9E-DA64-404A-A013-30B4B05E0919.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

Pulled the bow out in the nice weather 20yrds on the pig.   Last shots with old arrows only 3 i have left.   Heading to webster this weekend to some nija warrior park for nephews bday party.  Ill pick up my new arrows from my sister since i ordered them from her company.

20200305_170044.jpg

20200305_170049.jpg

• Like 5

Pulled the bow out in the nice weather 20yrds on the pig.   Last shots with old arrows only 3 i have left.   Heading to webster this weekend to some nija warrior park for nephews bday party.  Ill pick up my new arrows from my sister since i ordered them from her company.
20200305_170044.thumb.jpg.028b5520f224f4e6ff84d3df0c9b3b6d.jpg
20200305_170049.thumb.jpg.e16904d9a747a342fc3dd1856747d9fb.jpg

Nice, an archery post! LETS GO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

My hope is get my daughter a turkey during youth season then if my bow is all ready try and take one with the bow.

I plan to go after my first bow turkey this year. Last year there was a tom on the same gas line every day but too close to houses for gun. Im going to set up a blind on it

• Like 3

No pics,but i just got my DL changed and rest adjusted,what a game changer. I have been shooting over 1" too short for a year. I shot a bareshaft at 20 and it was perfectly straight,then shot a FP and blew up the bareshaft. The FP arrow fell out before i got back there to take a pic. I am very happy with these changes.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

This is what it looks like when I don't punch the trigger.  I got into that bad habit and don't know how to stop...  Maybe I should try a different type of release.

All of my punched shots are a little high and right.  Beautiful night to fling some arrows!

first shot 001.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

This is what it looks like when I don't punch the trigger.  I got into that bad habit and don't know how to stop...  Maybe I should try a different type of release.

All of my punched shots are a little high and right.  Beautiful night to fling some arrows!

first shot 001.jpg

Alright weve got archery!! You need to try my thumb release

2 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

first shot 001.jpg

Stand close to the bag and draw the bow , close your eyes and have someone else activate your release . I had a guy do that for me just to see what an absolute surprise shot felt like. 

• Like 2

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

Alright weve got archery!! You need to try my thumb release

Awesome... Ill bet a thumb release will help me a lot.  Its great to be able to try one before buy one.  Thanks!   I am thinking I may want to replace the D loop also... Ill have you look at it next time I see you... It may be fine for a good while but would appriciate your opinion

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

Stand close to the bag and draw the bow , close your eyes and have someone else activate your release . I had a guy do that for me just to see what an absolute surprise shot felt like. 

Next academy shoot!  I feel like this is the biggest problem I have and would really like to figure it out 

• Like 1

Just now, Arcade Hunter said:

Next academy shoot!  I feel like this is the biggest problem I have and would really like to figure it out 

Just wait until youre in your stand without a release strapped to your wrist, youll think "I need to drop a case of beer off at that guys house ASAP"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Just wait until youre in your stand without a release strapped to your wrist, youll think "I need to drop a case of beer off at that guys house ASAP"

That stupid wrist strap is the bane of my existence. If there is one thing that would ever stop me from archery hunting it would be that stupid strap! 

26 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What are you waiting for?

Where should I start.... 

1. I am a stubborn Polack who does not like to change things that work even if its not the best

2. I'm cheap so I'd like to try it before dropping $100 on a new release

Where should I start.... 
1. I am a stubborn Polack who does not like to change things that work even if its not the best
2. I'm cheap so I'd like to try it before dropping $100 on a new release

If you find a good one for $100 buy them all lol

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If you find a good one for $100 buy them all lol

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Come to the Academy and you can try several

Your first statement is another reason why I haven't yet!!!!!! 

The Academy might be a possibility this year. I doubt my wife's summer volleyball league is going to be happening which was always the same night as the academy. 

Are they actually running the league?

The southern winter league was shutdown after 10 weeks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Tapatalk won’t let me post pics I have the flier. Masks required at registration, social distancing on the course