First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

On 9/20/2020 at 4:01 PM, Nomad said:

This shows why I feel it’s important to shoot from height ,particularly close shots , it shows how low the arrows come out the off side . Easy to, one lung ‘Em .

9A1A3B8A-42F1-4B0F-808E-832EAEBA550F.jpeg

That's why I took those shots to remind myself and to show my nephews why sometimes it's better to let them walk an extra 5-10yards.  Those angles make a huge difference.

[mention=2834]dbHunterNY[/mention] - After flinging about 60 arrows, I found a comfortable anchor point and got the groups tighter.  its now down to the arrows.  I noticed when the guy cut my arrows, the nocks doesn't line up the vanes with the whisker biscuits exactly.

They should turn freely, nock the arrow and turn it to where it needs to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b6f1f25f72ee79622eb49eabd1aa562b.jpg

First time shooting ever at 20 yards. I did go for the middle once, and the top right twice. Shooting a Proline Zephyr XE-II Compound Bow that was handed down to me and restrung by the guys at B and B Archery in Middletown NY. The bow is just a tad too big, but I’d say that it’s close for my first time shooting a bow at 20 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

b6f1f25f72ee79622eb49eabd1aa562b.jpg

First time shooting ever at 20 yards. I did go for the middle once, and the top right twice. Shooting a Proline Zephyr XE-II Compound Bow that was handed down to me and restrung by the guys at B and B Archery in Middletown NY. The bow is just a tad too big, but I’d say that it’s close for my first time shooting a bow at 20 yards.

b6f1f25f72ee79622eb49eabd1aa562b.jpg&key=4d3f3409a7aef71142df0d8734933b01e6ff803ff2915646b2262ceaa595c77f

To big?? If you mean The draw length....that will cause you to push or pull shots.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

To big?? If you mean The draw length....that will cause you to push or pull shots.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yes. Sorry. Still learning the terminology. Nick, the gentleman who helped me, said that it will be fine for the minor basic mechanics as a start. The pulling back, and finding and anchor point. The locating a target, and releasing. He said that adjusting to the correct point of release should be quick when I’m ready to by a new bow.

34 minutes ago, jvillegas2086 said:

Yes. Sorry. Still learning the terminology. Nick, the gentleman who helped me, said that it will be fine for the minor basic mechanics as a start. The pulling back, and finding and anchor point. The locating a target, and releasing. He said that adjusting to the correct point of release should be quick when I’m ready to by a new bow.

I would not practice with a bow that has too long of a draw length to start.  It will likely reinforce bad habits and an incorrect anchor.  Just a suggestion.  Regardless, congrats on starting up.

• Like 4

Im going to go out and take one shot at 30 and post a pic, that was the intention of this thread at the start. That one single cold shot

We'd better give this one some time. Ease on out of here, get something to eat, review the footage and come back this afternoon with a dog 7af4471c0c0d6ba6975d84b9819130c8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We'd better give this one some time. Ease on out of here, get something to eat, review the footage and come back this afternoon with a dog 7af4471c0c0d6ba6975d84b9819130c8.jpg

I know you Academy guys are perfectionists... but that's a dead deer too. 

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Big buck was following the doe you already shot.  Gut and drag the buck out to bloody up new truck then come back and look for blood trail on the doe. You got this 

According to Biz if you shoot a doe the bucks will leave the area for at least two weeks, usually closer to five

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

According to Biz if you shoot a doe the bucks will leave the area for at least two weeks, usually closer to five

By not shooting does he has obviously helped cause overpopulation and therefore an EHD outbreak in his area.  Crappie can only legally kill so many to keep the population stable. 

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

55 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

By not shooting does he has obviously helped cause overpopulation and therefore an EHD outbreak in his area.  Crappie can only legally kill so many to keep the population stable. 

You need a hot doe nearby. According to DEC numbers, we don't have many deer in 3N so each pawn (doe) i have the better. As far as i can remember hunting as a kid, only once (1997) i saw 8 or 9 does/fawns together. Otherwise, the most i've seen together at 1 time is 5. Many hunting days are no deer seen, but when you see one it's usually a 50/50 coinflip that it will be a buck. If i truly thought shooting a doe would help the bucks, of course i would do it and give it to @crappyice, but i don't see an overpopulation of does by any means.