First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

9 minutes ago, left field said:

Put my bow down to get a drink and looked through the window.

6FA6D186-F2E4-40CE-A72C-03F582FDC18C_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.e1cbe87f30c8871096ed4dd25c8ca1c2.jpeg

Ha. Ha. . Deer! If I leave to hunting after 3 there is usually 1 or 2 doe in my yard feeding under the apple trees.. Tempting on lean years, but just doesnt seem very sporting.lol. One of these days.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

22 yards with some of my new aluminum arrows.  Bought a dozen for a little extra diameter on the 3d course this summer.  They shot just like my carbons.  

This spring I'll stretch it out to 50-60 just to see the drop difference.  I bought a different lighter single pin for hunting and using my react one for 3d and indoor.  Just going to switch them up depending on when I'm doing what until season starts.  

20210206_124620.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

22 yards with some of my new aluminum arrows.  Bought a dozen for a little extra diameter on the 3d course this summer.  They shot just like my carbons.  

This spring I'll stretch it out to 50-60 just to see the drop difference.  I bought a different lighter single pin for hunting and using my react one for 3d and indoor.  Just going to switch them up depending on when I'm doing what until season starts.  

20210206_124620.jpg

I have not touched my bow in two months..That is just wrong. I am not shooting any league this winter with the covid though.

Are the aluminum arrows much heavier than your carbon setup?

4 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I have not touched my bow in two months..That is just wrong. I am not shooting any league this winter with the covid though.

Are the aluminum arrows much heavier than your carbon setup?

I'm sure they are.  How much I couldn't tell you.  Im running them as short as I safely can to reduce as much weight.  At 22 yards they are flying the same but I'm sure when I start to stretch it out I'll see the difference.

I'm lucky I have a big enough spot at my place to shoot out to 70yards if I want.  I will be going to mayhoods in the next couple weeks just to get some reps in.  Its $5 or $6 for an hour worth of shooting.  They have an indoor range out to 20yrds.  Just gets crowded because it seems to turn into a catch all area.  Good enough for me though.

7 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I'm sure they are.  How much I couldn't tell you.  Im running them as short as I safely can to reduce as much weight.  At 22 yards they are flying the same but I'm sure when I start to stretch it out I'll see the difference.

I'm lucky I have a big enough spot at my place to shoot out to 70yards if I want.  I will be going to mayhoods in the next couple weeks just to get some reps in.  Its $5 or $6 for an hour worth of shooting.  They have an indoor range out to 20yrds.  Just gets crowded because it seems to turn into a catch all area.  Good enough for me though.

I have been to Mayhoods once. It is about 50 mins from my house. I was going to shoot a league in Oneonta,but am skipping it this winter. I will be gearing up for the 3d season that should start in April though.

When i switched to heavier arrows last year my 20 yd pin was.almost the same,but the 30 yard was quite different. Work your way out slowly with those aluminums.