First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

Feeling pretty good about ranges. Next time I go i need to remember to hold for at least a 30 count before releasing...  I've never taken a deer with a bow and want to do as much as I can to prep. Between the practice, there cooler weather, and what I'm seeing on camera, in getting excited about what's in store for us over the next few weeks

Edited by Bolt action
Typo
  • Like 1

Ok maybe not time to panic yet.  Nock slipped up on string.   Probably should checked a week ago.  Seems to be better after dropping her back down.   Time to replace it.  
714F3127-DAA3-4AA9-9638-CD2A86C0E6E4.thumb.jpeg.a90b878c87698e12c7b414c15338d14d.jpeg

I was going to suggest to go heavy on the Jack Daniels to forget your problem but I guess the knock is also a good solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Finally remembered to take a picture.  Top arrow is broadhead at 32 yrds, bottom is at 40 with field point. Feeling really good and confident going into this season.  Its been a long time since i felt this good about my equipment.  Thumb release i bought last year has helped alot along with the single pin sight i put on it.  And alot of the info given out on this thread.

20190919_170122.jpg

Wow i am not alone.  Pse x weave 300 arrows!??!  Ive had mine for 4 years and love em.  Have a set of 400s on deck too!  

59 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Gonna ruin some arrows!

2 years ago I switched from shooting the expensive arrows to shooting walmart arrows. They shoot good and only cost me $1 each when they go on clarence. Now if I ruin a couple of arrows I don't feel bad. 

It's been a few years since I've felt as confident in my shooting as I do this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikedagun said:

Wow i am not alone.  Pse x weave 300 arrows!??!  Ive had mine for 4 years and love em.  Have a set of 400s on deck too!  

Yes they are.  Found out this year they no longer make the 300s.  But the shop i go to said the victory arrows fly just like them.  So ill make the switch next year 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bolt action said:

Feeling pretty good about ranges. Next time I go i need to remember to hold for at least a 30 count before releasing...  I've never taken a deer with a bow and want to do as much as I can to prep. Between the practice, there cooler weather, and what I'm seeing on camera, in getting excited about what's in store for us over the next few weeks

my biggest error in bow shooting is to put the pin and send it.  I do this too quick.  I try to make myself slow down and take the right shot.  Good luck this season hope to see you on the harvest thread with your deer! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

my biggest error in bow shooting is to put the pin and send it.  I do this too quick.  I try to make myself slow down and take the right shot.  Good luck this season hope to see you on the harvest thread with your deer! 

i have the opposite problem,i wait a while before shooting. But i am sure we will both do ok with a deer in front of us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikedagun said:

I shot them for a couple years, the only thing I didnt like is that when Id re fletch them the stripping tool would dig in because of that texture. They are tough as nails though

• Like 1

Home schooling at Blue Mountain’s 3D course until my Academy application is further scrutinized or my bribery check clears.

1d1222f9f36b3b0cb858af90887e7c49.jpg
0684ced1b1e75d4e5f37bc5dc302a48c.jpg

I will show you only my best shot of the day...40 yards downhill dead bull(well bear).blind squirrel finding a nut.

Fun shoot with a good bit of learning on my part- glad that all my trees only offer shots 25 yards and under. Above 35 yards my arrow seems to drop like a lead balloon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, crappyice said:

Home schooling at Blue Mountain’s 3D course until my Academy application is further scrutinized or my bribery check clears.

1d1222f9f36b3b0cb858af90887e7c49.jpg

I will show you only my best shot of the day...40 yards downhill dead bull(well bear).blind squirrel finding a nut.

Fun shoot with a good bit of learning on my part- glad that all my trees only offer shots 25 yards and under. Above 35 yards my arrow seems to drop like a lead balloon.

Blue Mountain online says they don't open until 11am on Sundays? I want to go with my dad to shoot rifles, but 11am sucks. I'd rather be done by 11am to watch football

• Like 1

21 hours ago, crappyice said:

We call that PINWHEELED!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Blue Mountain online says they don't open until 11am on Sundays? I want to go with my dad to shoot rifles, but 11am sucks. I'd rather be done by 11am to watch football

You and @crappyicegoing head to head on a 3d course for $10 a target with @The Jerkman scoring and @ATbuckhunter recording would be an epic thread. Pitter patter!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You and @crappyicegoing head to head on a 3d course for $10 a target with @The Jerkman scoring and @ATbuckhunter recording would be an epic thread. Pitter patter!!

I would have to actually put on sight tape if money was on the line. Jerkman doesn't target shoot though, only hunts with bow.