First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

6 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Sod
Was that a 20 yard spot shoot?
Does West falls have spot leagues?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

20 yard yes. Wasn’t a league it was a memorial shoot but I think they do spot league on Sunday morning. They asked if I wanted to join in but I like the 3D....

It was a good time. First time ever doing a 3D course. I shot a 125 which from what I gather is not a good score but for a first timer I’m happy I didn’t loose an arrow and even hit (2) 11 pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shot well. Next time you get some smack talk in your backswing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

It was a good time. First time ever doing a 3D course. I shot a 125 which from what I gather is not a good score but for a first timer I’m happy I didn’t loose an arrow and even hit (2) 11 pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a fine score considering we wore boots instead of skates 

• Like 2

Looks like a fun day.  I used to do at least a few of those every year. Had a nice circuit of them at Trenton  fish and game and Oriskany Falls etc.  Like doing dif courses.  Always missed a dang caribou it seemed.  Theyd make it a long shot and it's a big target and looks closer.  

Stopped doin them cause all I practice with now is practice broadheads. Field points and the broadheads I now shoot are different for shooting. But I like the grim reapers and the practice heads they give are a big help to dial in the bow.  

• Like 1

Looks like a fun day.  I used to do at least a few of those every year. Had a nice circuit of them at Trenton  fish and game and Oriskany Falls etc.  Like doing dif courses.  Always missed a dang caribou it seemed.  Theyd make it a long shot and it's a big target and looks closer.  
Stopped doin them cause all I practice with now is practice broadheads. Field points and the broadheads I now shoot are different for shooting. But I like the grim reapers and the practice heads they give are a big help to dial in the bow.  

This league went to known yardage this year so that subtlety of going from short to long to big to small is lost. That was a big part of the game

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This league went to known yardage this year so that subtlety of going from short to long to big to small is lost. That was a big part of the game

Yeah I used to go every other one with rangefinder.   Helps guess distances while hunting for sure.  Never saw ones with posted ranges though.  But it does save on arrows.  

If you're all mostly shooting adjustable sights it's fun to all guess first then you have to set your pin to that yardage to shoot. When someone's way off everyone's rolling with laughter before they even draw back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

36b452118c334bf49b3270ecfd25d90a.jpg59e99c00bb69e91bd280686f9bdb2833.jpg 41 yard grizz across a gully, this is always the best shot in the entire league

I like the elk over the pond shot ,can't remember the club name, the last target of the place with the Bigfoot target.