Browning abolt 3

Hock3y24

Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? I bought one today for what I though was a good deal.

.243, wood stock with palm swell, 22" barrel, sticker price on it was $579, gander marked down to $405, browning rebate $100. 

Total cost for rifle $305 and then got leupold bases and rings for $19 usually $65. I got the scope last year (bushnell xlt doa 600 for under 100 after rebate.

$324 plus tax total. Fully set up $450.

IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Same here, I have the A-bolt and although it is as heavy as a boat anchor it is a hell of a shooter.

This new "ab3" is more budget minded compared to the gen 1 and 2s. I think ya lighter also 6lb 13 oz.

Edited by Hock3y24

20 rounds at 100 yards-----

Light gun (which was a main point for me) safety is loud and sounds cheap. Spring noise will not cut it, I need to find a way to adjust it. A-bolt is smooth, easy to reload, no issues, no complaints, smooth and easy to use. Gun was accurate, little recoil, and fun to shoot. 

20 rounds at 300 yards------

Wow after locking gun down at 100 yards we stepped it out to 300 yards the rifle was spot on. Adjusted 6 inches high with no wind and had a solid group. I wouldn't push it more then 300 yards.

Was shooting 140 grain hornady.

Awesome rifle for under $500 except for the safety .

• Like 1

Picked up 

100 grain sierra game kings

95 Winchester ballistic tips

90 nosler ballistic tips

85 federal trophy copper

80 barns ttsx

range day today, I have it on paper at 100 yards with 100 grain core locks I had laying around. I'm hoping the copper rounds group well, specifically the ttsx has great reviews.

51 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Nice gun! I haven't shot mine yet, but I won a Whitetails Unlimited A Bolt III in .270 at a banquet. Just need to get a good set of bases and rings for it. Will be topped with a Leupold. But the gun looks and feels good against the shoulder.  

20160918_091355.jpg

Gander in Johnson city has leupold bases and low rings for a total of $18 on sale 70% off!

• Like 2