My local yotes

The_Real_TCIII

Biz, if you want to hunt coyotes get an e-caller and go. Only thing stopping you is you. Git-r-done.

As for the point growie is trying to get through is coyotes are smart and evolve and adapt. They are becoming bolder in some areas.
If you feel your area has to large of a population, do something about it. If not, then let them be.

Something that stood out to me in this thread was people saying they saw few if any 20 years ago, but now they are seen often. So the numbers are growing. If left unchecked, what will the numbers look like in another 20 years?

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Biz, if you want to hunt coyotes get an e-caller and go. Only thing stopping you is you. Git-r-done.

As for the point growie is trying to get through is coyotes are smart and evolve and adapt. They are becoming bolder in some areas.
If you feel your area has to large of a population, do something about it. If not, then let them be.

Something that stood out to me in this thread was people saying they saw few if any 20 years ago, but now they are seen often. So the numbers are growing. If left unchecked, what will the numbers look like in another 20 years?

I have an e caller, I don't get out much with it though. I got no complaints. The more yotes, the better chance of seeing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the fact you say things like that when I'm out in the woods with these animals on a daily bases ...I go out hunting 1 1/2 before day light and sometimes an hour after...I will go out at mid night to track a deer and Gut it in the dark surrounded by eyes with nothing more than a knife in my hand and I go to camp to bow hunt bear ...all by my self...you are rich, really ..I challenge you to do what I do with two bad knees and arthritis...It slows you down a bit...but bring plenty of TP because I have no doubt that if you ever have some of the encounters I have had over the years...you'll need it...

Is this to me? If so, I don't have bad knees or arthritis so I can't accept the challenge. No need for TP in NY.

Lol...OK

I'm dead serious. I can fish, hunt, garden, etc. I'm smart enough to learn anything else needed. I assume you are retired? So I can live forever like that, as long as I don't get eaten by a wild dog or coyote.

Conversely, if you had to come down here and grind out the commute and actual work in NYC, you would quit or be fired the first day.

So like I said, if we switched shoes I would last a longer. Although I would get pretty lonely living alone since "Mr. B" isn't actually a human.

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm dead serious. I can fish, hunt, garden, etc. I'm smart enough to learn anything else needed. I assume you are retired? So I can live forever like that, as long as I don't get eaten by a wild dog or coyote.

Conversely, if you had to come down here and grind out the commute and actual work in NYC, you would quit or be fired the first day.

So like I said, if we switched shoes I would last a longer. Although I would get pretty lonely living alone since "Mr. B" isn't actually a human.

What's the party in bold mean Biz? If I may ask?

I love the fact you say things like that when I'm out in the woods with these animals on a daily bases ...I go out hunting 1 1/2 before day light and sometimes an hour after...I will go out at mid night to track a deer and Gut it in the dark surrounded by eyes with nothing more than a knife in my hand and I go to camp to bow hunt bear ...all by my self...you are rich, really ..I challenge you to do what I do with two bad knees and arthritis...It slows you down a bit...but bring plenty of TP because I have no doubt that if you ever have some of the encounters I have had over the years...you'll need it...

You're a hero in your own mind that's for sure!

Let's see I'm out and about on my property 200 "acres" well over 300days a year. I have 2 reconstructed knees and 3 crushed disks in my back from Iraq and I'm still surviving. Haven't been stacked by any coyotes packs. We had a high population of coyotes a few years ago but 365 population control has gotten them to around a 10 year low. That includes 3 pups that My brother found dead in one of my fields the other day, don't know how they got there ;).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

There is no Mr. B, is there? I always assumed it was an imaginary friend or something

I don't know. Never met growie or you for that matter.

Just really irritating when people attack spouses on here. It's uncalled for. You want to challenge the individual so be it, but don't attack family!

Biz, I give you credit. I wouldn't last 3mi Utes in your shoes. I have only been to the city once and it was a bus trip to Yankees stadium and I was going nuts over the traffic.

• Like 1

I don't know. Never met growie or you for that matter.
Just really irritating when people attack spouses on here. It's uncalled for. You want to challenge the individual so be it, but don't attack family!

What? Lol. I didn't attack anyone's spouse. It was a joke because the forum only knows him as "Mr. B"

That's Ok Rob...he's gons off the rail, I must of steered too close to a nerve....he keeps forgetting people here actualy know us...

No nerve struck. You helped passed the time as I mowed the lawn. You called me a weekender, which I am because I am 33 years old and need to work for a living.

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What? Lol. I didn't attack anyone's spouse. It was a joke because the forum only knows him as "Mr. B"

Really? Read what you posted. Didn't come off as a joke.

Some people wish to keep the identity/names of family members private.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ....rob said:

Lets get back on topic instead of font warring!

Anyone have an educated guess on the quoted question?