Anyone hunt Turkey Mtn in Yorktown (3S)?

BizCT

I'll take a look one day and maybe bump into you.  Hopefully I'll inadvertently push some deer your way.

I've heard that those public lands in 3S get hit pretty hard during bow season. They calm down after rifle season starts though. 

Also New Croton and Stayback so 4 separate properties in Yorktown. All between 96-298 acres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Also New Croton and Stayback so 4 separate properties in Yorktown. All between 96-298 acres.

I think my friend has gone to New Croton before and I believe he got a doe there as well. But like I said they all get hit pretty hard...especially during the first part of bow season. Its probably filled with guys coming up from NYC and don't want to drive further. Maybe during the week its not too bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I think my friend has gone to New Croton before and I believe he got a doe there as well. But like I said they all get hit pretty hard...especially during the first part of bow season. Its probably filled with guys coming up from NYC and don't want to drive further. Maybe during the week its not too bad.

Yea I hear ya. I don't hunt much anyway, so hopefully my normal spot and if I can get access to my wife's coworker's spot in Westchester i'll be good.

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea I hear ya. I don't hunt much anyway, so hopefully my normal spot and if I can get access to my wife's coworker's spot in Westchester i'll be good.

private land should be good, but unfortunately you probably will have to deal with people trespassing. Good thing is your a local in the area, so they'll get the idea eventually.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

private land should be good, but unfortunately you probably will have to deal with people trespassing. Good thing is your a local in the area, so they'll get the idea eventually.

Yea, if I get to walk the land i'll be curious to see if I see any treestands, etc.

All of these places are open to hunting as well.

http://parks.westchestergov.com/deer-management

bunch of wacky rules though. no trail cameras, must bury gut piles, must cover deer when leaving, must put in 45 hours, must use portable tree stand (no ground hunting), but they open at 330am lol.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

There was one where I had to pass a proficiency test and then check in at a station whenever I hunt there.  Climbers only, no ground hunting.  It's near Somers.  I passed the test and even got my hunting ID from them but I never actually ended up hunting there.  Too much of a hassle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
There was one where I had to pass a proficiency test and then check in at a station whenever I hunt there.  Climbers only, no ground hunting.  It's near Somers.  I passed the test and even got my hunting ID from them but I never actually ended up hunting there.  Too much of a hassle.

Muscoot farm ?

• 10 months later...

I just got booted out of the deer management program in Westchester since I didn’t kill a Doe last year- kind of sucks since I hunted those properties often especially hilltop Hanover farm- I may be checking some of those sites for this year - I’ll let you know what I find

• Like 1

I just got booted out of the deer management program in Westchester since I didn’t kill a Doe last year- kind of sucks since I hunted those properties often especially hilltop Hanover farm- I may be checking some of those sites for this year - I’ll let you know what I find

Did you not shoot one because a lack of opportunity or just only wanted a buck?

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

Did you not shoot one because a lack of opportunity or just only wanted a buck?

Point blank...I blew it TWICE last year. One I missed a doe who was TOO CLOSE and climbing up a cliff next to me and another I rushed. I did kill a spike there which I thought would have kept me in but no dice.

• Like 1

Point blank...I blew it TWICE last year. One I missed a doe who was TOO CLOSE and climbing up a cliff next to me and another I rushed. I did kill a spike there which I thought would have kept me in but no dice.

Gotcha that makes sense. Least you tried to shoot one. Maybe you can one day get back in

Gotcha that makes sense. Least you tried to shoot one. Maybe you can one day get back in

Unrelated but while I gotcha here- what casings do you use for your sausage(not smoked typed but regular Italian or brats)? I’m not happy with the rubbery feel of the ones I used

Unrelated but while I gotcha here- what casings do you use for your sausage(not smoked typed but regular Italian or brats)? I’m not happy with the rubbery feel of the ones I used

I've never made sausages myself. May have to eventually do that and save myself a ton. Just need to find space.

• Like 1