Hunter's Rendezvous at Suffolk Archers

NFA-ADK

Suffolk Archers is hosting the Hunter's Rendezvous this year on August 20th at 9 AM.  

This is all about deer hunting.  We have speakers on shot placement, tracking, calling, blood tracking, scent control and area's open to the public for hunting deer.  We often get experienced hunters to come down to these events and tell about experiences they have had while tracking or calling etc.  This is a great time to share stories and help out new hunters, teaching about deer and just have a great time sharing experiences.  

ATBuckHunter and myself did the shot placement last year with Charley and I was able to do some calling before the group was onto another demonstration.  Should be a great time and is open to the public.  We have breakfast and lunch served.  Come on down it's a great time with some great people who love the outdoors!  

We had a few members from the site come last year and it was great meeting all of you, hope some more can make it this year!!! 

• Like 6

Great event, great people, lots of information, plus free food.  What's not to like?  If you're new to hunting or simply want to improve as a hunter you should definitely go.  I went last year and learn some tricks on calling.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I have to as a member of Mathews pro staff. Free weekend in the Hamptons, sure why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you are more pro than staff Biz.  Heck you have almost owned a bow for a week.  And with a Matthews, well .....  lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Weather looks good for Sunday!!!  Bring friends!  It's free and we will have hot dogs and burgers for lunch.  Should be a good time with some great people!  We have a bow tech on site and will be testing bows for K.E. and tuning for the hunting season.  Shot placement, deer calls, tracking!  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Weather looks good for Sunday!!!  Bring friends!  It's free and we will have hot dogs and burgers for lunch.  Should be a good time with some great people!  We have a bow tech on site and will be testing bows for K.E. and tuning for the hunting season.  Shot placement, deer calls, tracking!  

Sounds like an awesome event!  Anyone even somewhat close, would be crazy not to attend! No doubt it will be a fun and educational time!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

It's great because it gives beginners a place to start.  Looks like great weather, should be a good day!  If anyone stops by be sure to say Hello, I will be at the shot placement and the calling table.  

Jeff Calderone

With you and ATbuckhunter there, it will be an awesome event! Wish I was closer. Have fun and hope you have a huge turnout!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, left field said:

Not me. Came a little late, standing in back, green shirt. Caught most of your talk then talked with Jason when he did the tracking section. 

Okay I think I remember seeing you in the back and with Jason. I didn't join you guys on the search because I had some people come in after

It was a great day we had a good turn out but not as many as last year.  Hope to advertise some more next year.  I went to this event about 5 years ago to show a buddy who was just starting with bow some of the finer points in hunting.  After teaching him along with the instructors how to do things I became interested in doing it myself.  (I always gave him extra information on tracking, calling and navigation and thought why not help teach others so they can get a head start with the learning curve.)  

Great group of people showed up with experienced and knowledgeable hunters simply sharing stories and enjoying each others knowledge, experience and skills.  Almost like getting a bunch of us together to teach new hunters!  

I just wish this was available when I first started!!!

Thanks for coming Left field!  If you have any questions on tracking, calling, deer sign, shot placement or anything else, this is an awesome forum with experience members, don't be afraid to ask or send me a PM if you want to keep it personal.  Again thanks for coming hope you enjoyed and learned a few things! 

• Like 2

This forum is filled with experienced hunters.  If you need some advice start a new post and fill it with questions the members here are pretty awesome in that respect!!!  You can post it here if you want.  Most of the stuff we cover can be found in books, the other things you learn is from time in the woods.  

Otherwise we a tournament this weekend, I will be at Suffolk Archers.  If you come down I can go over everything we covered. 

We also have one more before the season starts.  Otherwise if that is no good PM me and I can give you a tour of the club and go over everything. 

• Like 2