Exodus trail cameras

Anyone try the Exodus Lift cameras? I came across them last year but never pulled the trigger on one. They came out with a newer updated model called the Lift II this year that appears to have made some good improvements. Supposed to be quality built cams made right here in the US. My buddy just got one in the mail today and we played around with it in the yard tonight for a few mins and I'm pretty dang impressed with it so far.

I could get two Browning strike forces for the price of one Exodus ($229) but I'm really trying to push myself to start buying higher quality built cams that are going to last me 10 years. Reconyx is one of those types of cams but at $450 a piece these Exodus cams are a bargain if they hold up as well as they claim they will. Exodus does have a 5 year warranty which is a big selling point. I think I'll end up pulling the trigger and order one this week after I see what a weeks worth of pics look like from my buddy's cam.

Anyways....anyone else on here have any experience with Exodus?

• Like 1

They do offer a nice warranty, that's a plus as I leave my cams out for 365 days .They also offer a % off theft or damage which is a added bonus. I don't think many are aware of them as they don't  advertise in box stores.

Like you I'm trying to increase my cam budget but not ready for a reconyx yet 

Steve 

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 2

Are they really made in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read someplace they were. Story goes something like 3 guys got tired of cams busting so quick and high end ones costing a fortune and decided to build their own. Small start up company that deals on customer direct no middle man to avoid big retail mark ups. Inside these cams are supposed to be higher grade lenses, sensors and such. I kinda remember seeing a picture at one point of these guys in a warehouse assembling cameras, so if they are using Foreign parts they are at least "building" them.

The 20 mins or so I spent messing around with my buddy's last night wasn't much time to really get to know it. But the controls and whole thing felt very solid and higher end feeling like reconyx does. The few pics it took of us walking around the yard quick were all nice and bright and crystal clear with beyond zero blur. One thing I've noticed when looking at pics online taken with the Exodus is that they seem to take nice pics with no blur even when there's multiple animals and big range differences. This is an area I think Brownings sometimes struggle in. My strike forces tend to blur a couple areas sometimes when there a few deer in a pic and ones at 10 yards vs the other at 20. Exodus pics just seem to be more sharp and precise.

I'm interested to see how these cams perform though. At the price point they are at, if they perform and hold up these will make a lot of people very happy.

I've never heard of them before. https://exodusoutdoorgear.com/  Looks like pretty cool cams. Impressed with the full 5yr No BS Warranty too. Sheesh, they even have a 50% off Theft and Damage Replacement Policy also. Nice!

Ya man they have some good things going for them. The theft and damage policy is one of a kind for sure. Seems like these guys really want to find their way in a market that's flooded. If their cams truly are made to last and they stand behind their stuff, it will be worth the price to me.

I've got a good sized bonus from work coming in this upcoming week....think I'll be placing an order. I sent them an email asking about any discounts if you buy 2,3 or more.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:29 AM, Adkhunter1590 said:

Which model does he have? There's the original and now they have an updated model that's supposedly worked out a lot of kinks from the first one.

I have the Exodus Lift I Camera. The new one is the Exodus Lift II. I got the camera early this year. I saw them at the Big Harrisburg Sportsman show in PA this past February. I had never heard of them before I saw them at the show. I must say that I do like the camera. The newer model has improved lenses I believe and faster trigger speed. I do like the 5 year warranty and the 50% theft replacement cost if stolen! That being said I just picked up the new 2017 Browning Strike Force HD Pro and I I would have to say the Browning takes better photos. I also love how small the new Browning camera is! You can't go wrong with the new Exodus Lift II camera. The Warranty was a selling point for me! I'll post a few photos from my Exodus Lift I Camera. 

LIFT0057.JPG

LIFT0188.JPG

LIFT0199.JPG

• Like 1