Congratulations on recieving your Georgia 2017 Alligator permit!!

Fletch

Well 3 years of points and I got picked for a gator tag. My 15 year old son and I will be headed down in less than 2 weeks to go after gator for the first time ever!!

Now I am in a rush to find an old bow or a new cheap recurve and slap a bow reel on it, get arrows....shoot a bunch. Meeting my buddy who lives down there. He and his wife both drew tags. He has grappling hooks, spears and all that. I am not looking forward to the 1200 mile drive but really looking forward to gator hunt and eat some gator!! He got one a couple years ago and brought me up some tail meat. Yum!!

• Like 14

On 8/4/2017 at 5:00 PM, Fletch said:

Well 3 years of points and I got picked for a gator tag. My 15 year old son and I will be headed down in less than 2 weeks to go after gator for the first time ever!!

Now I am in a rush to find an old bow or a new cheap recurve and slap a bow reel on it, get arrows....shoot a bunch. Meeting my buddy who lives down there. He and his wife both drew tags. He has grappling hooks, spears and all that. I am not looking forward to the 1200 mile drive but really looking forward to gator hunt and eat some gator!! He got one a couple years ago and brought me up some tail meat. Yum!!

Thats awesome! Congrats. One thing ill tell you is to leave as early as possible...like 1-3 am the latest. I've done the drive to Florida twice a year for 10 years and that's the best thing we've learned from the drive. 

• Like 1

I will be sure to post pics and updates in my Journal. It is hectic as can be trying to get everything together!! My sister is getting married this weekend in Plattsburgh and I still need to 40 pounds of smoke pork for pulled pork this week for a pre party. Up and back from there Fri, Sat and Sunday then pull everything together to hit the road Wednesday. Should get the bow in the mail today to put together and shoot a bit. Not knowing if your going to get drawn until 16 days before the hunt is tight!!

I can't wait!