Miracles from Heaven

wolc123

I watched this movie (starring Jennifer Garner) with our two girls last night.   I encourage anyone, who may be questioning their own faith and the existence of Jesus Christ, to give it a shot.   It was not too hard for me to accept Jesus and the miracles that He puts out, because I was blessed with two "world record class ones" myself.  That includes fully recovering from the most severe snowmobile wreck (about 28 years ago) and brain tumor (3 years ago) that any human has been known to experience (at least in Western NY).  I understand why others, who have not been as fortunate as myself and Annabell Beam (the little girl in the movie), might struggle with their faith.  It was a 50 year struggle for me, and it took the second miracle for me to buy the whole deal "lock stock and barrel".  The good news is that it is never too late.

The movie is based on a true story, which you can easily research and verify on "Youtube" or other internet sources.  It is a first-class, Hollywood production with good acting.   My wife and teenage daughters loved it.  I would have liked to have taken them to see it at the theater, but watching it for the first time with them in the living room was cool.   It held their attention better than Star Wars.   One little dividend that accepting Jesus Christ can pay is how much better your hunting can get.   Missing or loosing deer can easily become a thing of the past.  No amount of practice or "magic bullets/arrows" can do that for you, but it is a piece of cake for Christ.  

I can say with absolute assurance that it is impossible for anyone to prove that Jesus Christ is not the truth.   Hopefully this movie will help Him prove to a lot of skeptics that He is.  What have you got to loose if He can make your hunting better in the process ?  As important as that is to all of us here, it is near the least of what you stand to gain.                  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wooly said:

Hey wolc, did you ever see the movie "The Shack". If not, you should check it out.

That's another pretty good flick starring Jesus that may be right up your alley.

I thought it was pretty good.

I have not but I did hear about it.  Maybe I will check it out if I can find it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Nice ,a religious troll .  

It is nice that the moderators have placed no limit on the amount on Jesus Christ that can be brought up here.   Also, it is a very a very target-rich environment for locating those, such as yourself and FSW, who could use a little more convincing.   How many deer have you fellas hit and lost, or failed to hit when you shot at, over the last ten years ?  I have asked that question to several doubters, but none has offered up a reply.  

My number is zero, unless you count my first two shots on one three years ago, (you gotta hate those unseen, bullet-deflecting branches).  I did manage to drop him dead in his tracks with my third shot.  Also, one of two doe that I killed last season required a second finishing shot.  Those three "non-fatal" errors by me did not prevent the meat from getting into our freezer because The guy in charge decided that He wanted them there.           

The good news is that Jesus Christ paid for all of us sinner's  mistakes up on that cross long ago.    If you are able to find a Bible (or google it) you can look up that He knows where every sparrow falls, so you best believe that He knows where the deer end up.  I lost several deer in my younger days, before I connected the dots and realized who was running the show.    I would feel guilty keeping that a secret when we are all blessed with such an abundant source of fine protein right here in NY state.  

Edited by wolc123

2 hours ago, wooly said:

Hey wolc, did you ever see the movie "The Shack". If not, you should check it out.

That's another pretty good flick starring Jesus that may be right up your alley.

I thought it was pretty good.

Saw this with the Mrs. Very good movie!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

It is nice that the moderators have placed no limit on the amount on Jesus Christ that can be brought up here.   Also, it is a very a very target-rich environment for locating those, such as yourself and FSW, who could use a little more convincing.   How many deer have you fellas hit and lost, or failed to hit when you shot at, over the last ten years ?  I have asked that question to several doubters, but none has offered up a reply.  

My number is zero, but I did miss my first two shots on one three years ago, (you gotta hate those unseen, bullet-deflecting branches).  I did manage to drop him dead in his tracks with my third shot.  Also, one of two doe that I killed last season required a second finishing shot.  Those three "non-fatal" errors by me did not prevent the meat from getting into our freezer because The guy in charge decided that He wanted them there.           

The good news is that Jesus Christ paid for all of us sinner's  mistakes up on that cross long ago.    If you are able to find a Bible (or google it) you can look up that He knows where every sparrow falls, so you best believe that He knows where the deer end up.  I lost several deer in my younger days, before I connected the dots and realized who was running the show.    I would feel guilty keeping that a secret when we are all blessed with such an abundant source of fine protein right here in NY state.  

But you don't know my take on religion . You started a topic saying that no one can deny the existence of Jesus after seeing this movie . Thats a troll of epic proportions . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

But you don't know my take on religion . You started a topic saying that no one can deny the existence of Jesus after seeing this movie . Thats a troll of epic proportions . 

I also don't know how many deer you have hit and lost or failed to hit when you shot at over the last 10 years.  How about it ?

The world wonders.   

OK..You all know my stand on orginized religion,that said, your Troll comment is pure BS.

We all know his stance and he CLEARLY made the subject of his post known in the title, unless your blind or stupid. Which I  do not think your either. So NOTHING,NOTHING, but you forced your finger to click on this thread. That said your comment would make you the "troll"

4 minutes ago, growalot said:

OK..You all know my stand on orginized religion,that said, your Troll comment is pure BS.

We all know his stance and he CLEARLY made the subject of his post known in the title, unless your blind or stupid. Which I  do not think your either. So NOTHING,NOTHING, but you forced your finger to click on this thread. That said your comment would make you the "troll"

You would know all about trolling ...

• Like 2

Yeah Ok!  Like the old boy upstairs had anything to do with the shot out of a gun?  If that was the case then he would save every little creature out there by turning every shot ever taken back into the kill zone so they are dead!  There would be no wounding! 

And i believe at one time there were to be no Religion or Politics discussed on this site?  If not it should be implemented in.

This guy is a wack job!

4 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

Yeah Ok!  Like the old boy upstairs had anything to do with the shot out of a gun?  If that was the case then he would save every little creature out there by turning every shot ever taken back into the kill zone so they are dead!  There would be no wounding! 

And i believe at one time there were to be no Religion or Politics discussed on this site?  If not it should be implemented in.

This guy is a wack job!

13 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I also don't know how many deer you have hit and lost or failed to hit when you shot at over the last 10 years.  How about it ?

The world wonders.   

You sound like someone who may have shot at a few.  Care to answer that question   ^  ?

4 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

You sound like someone who may have shot at a few.  Care to answer that question   ^  ?

If that's pointed to me and if i ever in my life missed or wounded then its all on the old boys shoulders for letting that shot go astray and letting that poor critter suffer in any way. What kind of power would allow something like that happen?

8 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

If that's pointed to me and if i ever in my life missed or wounded then its all on the old boys shoulders for letting that shot go astray and letting that poor critter suffer in any way. What kind of power would allow something like that happen?

One who may have a lesson to teach.  All things work for the good to those who love Him.    

Wolc, Honestly curious about the snowmobile accident you mention above.  Are you the guy that went off the cliff at Whetstone Gulf State Forest on a sled?  I don't know the details of your accident but I'm glad you made a healthy recovery.  The reason I ask is becaus, in my mind at least, driving a sled off a 180+ foot cliff... landing in a stony bank along a river... and being there for 48 hours alone and in the cold with dozens of broken bones is about the worst accident i can imagine.

Combining Christ with hunting on an open forum, can be a slippery slope. I will not bash anyone for their beliefs, religious or not. I may not share my own with the masses here, but will and do with the few I'm close to. Everyone has their own take on this. And if you have been a member here for any length of time, then you know wolc123's way is to "spread the word". Some of his posts are a bit over the top. (I've questioned a few myself) Along with some very informative ones as well. Good bad or indifferent, I respect the man's right to post as he wants to. Weather or not you agree, with the content of the posts. It is up to the individual reader, to discard, or contemplate, any posts on this or any forum. For what it's worth, just my opinion. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

Combining Christ with hunting on an open forum, can be a slippery slope. I will not bash anyone for their beliefs, religious or not. I may not share my own with the masses here, but will and do with the few I'm close to. Everyone has their own take on this. And if you have been a member here for any length of time, then you know wolc123's way is to "spread the word". Some of his posts are a bit over the top. (I've questioned a few myself) Along with some very informative ones as well. Good bad or indifferent, I respect the man's right to post as he wants to. Weather or not you agree, with the content of the posts. It is up to the individual reader, to discard, or contemplate, any posts on this or any forum. For what it's worth, just my opinion. 

very well said.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

One has to ask the question though ,how many less wars would there be if they would have just left that one little part out about spreading the word . I guess hindsight is 20/20.