Miracles from Heaven

wolc123

4 hours ago, Belo said:

i can't even follow your response. So we're done here. It's like you didn't pass middle school english. 

Not to be a complete jackass here but if you are going to call people out in grammar, perhaps practice what you preach?  I see three blatant mistakes just in that quote ;)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone has the right to voice their opinions but stuff like this part here is what scares me.

I am sorry that you are scared.  Nothing drives out fear like belief in Jesus Christ.

4 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Like believing he helps with your deer instead of that cancer cure thing.

You are implying that there is a limit on what He can do.  How do you explain those who have recovered from cancer after the doctors tried all known treatment options and gave up ?   How many deer have you hit (or missed) and not recovered over the last 10 years ?  

On 8/9/2017 at 9:37 PM, wolc123 said:

You are implying that there is a limit on what He can do.  How do you explain those who have recovered from cancer after the doctors tried all known treatment options and gave up ?   How many deer have you hit (or missed) and not recovered over the last 10 years ?  

How do you explain the countless dying daily of cancer (and other vile nasty diseases) - many after prolonged intense suffering with their families, friends, and own daily prayers - all from people of faith meeting any conditions of true believers you may arbitrarily set. I'm not implying, I'm stating that if your premise on your personal deer hunting results are to be believed then yes - there are huge definite limits.  

1 hour ago, SteveB said:

How do you explain the countless dying daily of cancer (and other vile nasty diseases) - many after prolonged intense suffering with their families, friends, and own daily prayers - all from people of faith meeting any conditions of true believers you may arbitrarily set. I'm not implying, I'm stating that if your premise on your personal deer hunting results are to be believed then yes - there are huge definite limits.  

I give Jesus all of the credit for bringing me thru some physical trauma twice, that I should not have survived.   Each time there were lots of prayers by family and friends.   When God-fearing folks do not survive, I can only assume that the mission He has planned for them in Heaven is more important than on Earth.   I lost a very good friend and hunting partner to ALS, while I was recovering from my last major deal.   He was one of the first ones who stopped to see me when I was released from the hospital, but he was gone (on earth) before I was able to return to work.  That disease is much crueler than Cancer and I don't know that anyone has ever beat it.   I tried my best to get him to "see the light" before he passed, and I trust that I was successful and will get to do some more hunting with him someday.    

On 8/9/2017 at 9:37 PM, wolc123 said:

When you do hit, miss, and not recover a deer, this year, the next, or in the future. Will you post it here? Will He, be looking the other way, or perhaps nodding off, when that happens? Because it can and does happen to most every hunter, no matter how religious they may or may not be. I'm not questioning your faith here. Just stating the law of averages that applies to all hunters, if you spend enough time hunting.

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

When you do hit, miss, and not recover a deer, this year, the next, or in the future. Will you post it here? Will He, be looking the other way, or perhaps nodding off, when that happens? Because it can and does happen to most every hunter, no matter how religious they may or may not be. I'm not questioning your faith here. Just stating the law of averages that applies to all hunters, if you spend enough time hunting.

It might happen Grampy, but it has not in the last 10 years and I give Jesus all of the credit for that.   As I have said before, about the only thing that I do not enjoy about hunting is being unable to recover deer that I have shot at.  If it happens this year, you can trust that I will post it here for all to see.  If I make a mistake, my hope is that others can learn from it and hopefully avoid making the same one.   

You might recall a thread I started last season on that very subject, where I tried to explain a "less than perfect" shot that I made on one of four deer that I killed then.  I felt bad that the big doe suffered for a few seconds before I was able to deliver the second finishing shot.  It was my own fault for trying to conserve ammo and not using enough of it on the target range.  It also cost me a chop or two when the first shot struck above the spine rather than below as I intended.  

I made a mistake three seasons ago also, on the largest-bodied buck that I have ever killed.  Careful investigation last fall showed me that the likely cause of my first well-rested miss at about 300 yards was an unseen branch.  I could curse Jesus for that branch but I have to thank Him for providing another, to rest my rifle on, so I could bring that buck down dead in his tracks with my third shot.  We got to eat real good that year as a result, and my father in law got the local wildlife "wall decoration" that he was looking for for his new Adirondack lake house.  

What some view as mistakes, I view as "learning experiences".  Ideally, you learn before you shoot.  How has your record been over the last 10 years ?       

Zero deer wounded or lost and don't believe in god. Now what? Must be.......Satan? 

Im sorry you suffered a brain injury, clearly that affects your thinking. Perhaps from the surgery or medicine that cured you. 

Last year you took a quartering to shot with a crossbow and the infamous butt hole bullseye with the gun. That's not a good idea on either account. 

57 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

It might happen Grampy, but it has not in the last 10 years and I give Jesus all of the credit for that.   As I have said before, about the only thing that I do not enjoy about hunting is being unable to recover deer that I have shot at.  If it happens this year, you can trust that I will post it here for all to see.  If I make a mistake, my hope is that others can learn from it and hopefully avoid making the same one.   

You might recall a thread I started last season on that very subject, where I tried to explain a "less than perfect" shot that I made on one of four deer that I killed then.  I felt bad that the big doe suffered for a few seconds before I was able to deliver the second finishing shot.  It was my own fault for trying to conserve ammo and not using enough of it on the target range.  It also cost me a chop or two when the first shot struck above the spine rather than below as I intended.  

I made a mistake three seasons ago also, on the largest-bodied buck that I have ever killed.  Careful investigation last fall showed me that the likely cause of my first well-rested miss at about 300 yards was an unseen branch.  I could curse Jesus for that branch but I have to thank Him for providing another, to rest my rifle on, so I could bring that buck down dead in his tracks with my third shot.  We got to eat real good that year as a result, and my father in law got the local wildlife "wall decoration" that he was looking for for his new Adirondack lake house.  

What some view as mistakes, I view as "learning experiences".  Ideally, you learn before you shoot.  How has your record been over the last 10 years ?       

For me, over the last 15+ years, I've had no deer not recovered. But I've learned my lessons well from a couple deer not recovered early on in my hunting career. And from others mistakes, by blood tracking for Deer Search. I only take high percentage shots, and let a "lot" of deer walk, if I'm not "almost" 100 percent sure of  making the shot count. My faith, does not come into play, when lining up a shot. Only my past experiences. And still, there is no guarantee, it will never happen to me again. But by limiting myself to only "high percentage" shots, within my own capabilities,  I put the burden on myself, not my faith. That is only fair to the animals I respectfully hunt. And when the hunt is over, and I'm kneeling over my deer. It is then, that I give my thanks to the animal and to Him.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Doewhacker said:

Zero deer wounded or lost and don't believe in god. Now what? Must be.......Satan? 

Im sorry you suffered a brain injury, clearly that affects your thinking. Perhaps from the surgery or medicine that cured you. 

Last year you took a quartering to shot with a crossbow and the infamous butt hole bullseye with the gun. That's not a good idea on either account. 

I will take a shot on a deer if I believe that I have a 90 % or better chance of making a clean kill.  What is kind of percentage do you look for ?   How has your results been over the last 10 years (any clean misses) ?   I figured that I had a 99 % chance of a clean kill at that "slightly" quartering-to crossbow buck from a range of under 15 yards.  How many years have you hunted ?

I was 99 % sure that the "Texas-heart-shot" rifle buck (50 yard range)  would be killed quickly, but I was not expecting it to be so clean.  I lost less meat on that one (a little bit near the exit wound at the front of the neck) than I did on the crossbow buck, where the mechanical broadhead passed diagonally thru the body.  I was even more surprised that the guts came out as clean as a whistle, and a lot cleaner than the crossbow buck where the mechanical broadhead cut a wide swath from lung to butt.   

That Texas heart shot was as close to a perfect shot as I have ever made on a deer.  I have heard others (including two or three on this forum) who have killed with that shot, but never so cleanly.   There is a lot that goes into a "perfect" kill-shot.  First, it has to strike the exact location where it was intended.  In this case, I was able to verify the location with a bore gauge (Butt-out II).  Second, since a "live target" is 3 dimensional, it has to be aligned perfectly with the projectile's path.   Third, the point of aim has to be such that the greatest circular margin of error exists to allow for inaccuracy.  Fourth, it can destroy no edible meat.

24 minutes ago, grampy said:

For me, over the last 15+ years, I've had no deer not recovered. But I've learned my lessons well from a couple deer not recovered early on in my hunting career. And from others mistakes, by blood tracking for Deer Search. I only take high percentage shots, and let a "lot" of deer walk, if I'm not "almost" 100 percent sure of  making the shot count. My faith, does not come into play, when lining up a shot. Only my past experiences. And still, there is no guarantee, it will never happen to me again. But by limiting myself to only "high percentage" shots, within my own capabilities,  I put the burden on myself, not my faith. That is only fair to the animals I respectfully hunt. And when the hunt is over, and I'm kneeling over my deer. It is then, that I give my thanks to the animal and to Him.

Grampy, I appreciate your reply and I hope to extend my own streak in the coming years.  If I had less hungry mouths to feed and more time to available to hunt I would raise my own shoot/don't shoot percentage to 99 % or so.   I don't expect perfection but I do know where to find it.   I have been practicing a ton with open sights this summer and I hope that pays off in a cleanly killed buck with my new lever action deer rifle this fall.  I hope that Jesus blesses you with one with your new scoped bolt-action also and I am glad to hear that you give Him some credit for those you have taken in the past.            

Edited by wolc123

God or what ever higher presence one wants to believe in exists entirely in ones own mind and soul...Organized "religion" was politically orientated to control the masses... So if wol'sc life experience and heart felt beliefs have his version of God guiding his What ever...arrows bullets...Who cares as long as he is also practicing God helps those whom Help them selves...in other words practicing.  If he chooses to put voice to his heart felt feelings how does that hurt anyone of you... The only problem I have with some of what he says is trying to justify his beliefs to appease others and falling short...DO NOT ATTEMPT JUSTIFICATION...it's  demeaning to you. No one here means anything to you when your spiritual beliefs are concerned JMO

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, growalot said:

God or what ever higher presence one wants to believe in exists entirely in ones own mind and soul...Organized "religion" was politically orientated to control the masses... So if wol'sc life experience and heart felt beliefs have his version of God guiding his What ever...arrows bullets...Who cares as long as he is also practicing God helps those whom Help them selves...in other words practicing.  If he chooses to put voice to his heart felt feelings how does that hurt anyone of you... The only problem I have with some of what he says is trying to justify his beliefs to appease others and falling short...DO NOT ATTEMPT JUSTIFICATION...it's  demeaning to you. No one here means anything to you when your spiritual beliefs are concerned JMO

I think it would be selfish (i.e: sinful) of me not to share what I have learned to be true.  

You do know the difference between sharing and justifying I am sure. When one holds their beliefs as true and solid within their hearts...No justification is ever needed . Now that said for ...and I know this is coming...radical Islamism and dooms day cults ect..ect...Their beliefs are so diluted  and convoluted to any original premise, their justification is a moot point in any actions they endeavor under such circumstance.

2 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

If you "don't believe in god", then where do you suppose you came from ?  Evolution maybe ?   Where did it start ?    Basically, you are saying that at some point, something came from nothing.   Do you really believe that is possible.  Sorry, but that sounds just plain dumb to me.    

Don't worry though, your clicking on this thread, with this title, shows that you are still searching and that there is there is lots hope for you yet.   See if you can locate a Bible, read it a bit, and maybe you will find your way.     

Edited by wolc123

I have very strong faith and believe my salvation comes from Gods grace through faith in the resurrection of Jesus.  And while I am happy to share my faith, it's not my job to convince anyone.  I agree with Grow. No need to try to justify my beliefs.  I also agree with Grampy that my faith does not dictate whether I will shoot a deer or not.  In fact, if anything, I personally feel a greater obligation to make good choices due to my faith, not make questionable ones and rely of God to fix it.  This is not really the venue to discuss illness and why God permits it, but happy to discuss my views personally offline if anyone wants. 

• Like 5

It is awesome that we have a hunting forum here that is so open to religious discussions.  I can not think of many other hobbies that position folks better to receive blessings of God's grace.  Well, maybe one other.  Hopefully, He will bless us with a few fish this afternoon.      

3 hours ago, wolc123 said:

If you "don't believe in god", then where do you suppose you came from ?  Evolution maybe ?   Where did it start ?    Basically, you are saying that at some point, something came from nothing.   Do you really believe that is possible.  Sorry, but that sounds just plain dumb to me.    

Don't worry though, your clicking on this thread, with this title, shows that you are still searching and that there is there is lots hope for you yet.   See if you can locate a Bible, read it a bit, and maybe you will find your way.     

Evolution as opposed to a magic apple and ghosts? 

I am definitely not searching for anything, well maybe I'm searching for a good deal on a scale so I can pass it on to you so you can weigh some of those giant deer you kill. 

The way you describe your acts, be it finishing a wounded deer or killing a den coyote pups leads me to believe you ain't quite right. 

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I have very strong faith and believe my salvation comes from Gods grace through faith in the resurrection of Jesus.  And while I am happy to share my faith, it's not my job to convince anyone.  I agree with Grow. No need to try to justify my beliefs.  I also agree with Grampy that my faith does not dictate whether I will shoot a deer or not.  In fact, if anything, I personally feel a greater obligation to make good choices due to my faith, not make questionable ones and rely of God to fix it.  This is not really the venue to discuss illness and why God permits it, but happy to discuss my views personally offline if anyone wants. 

True that. 

I am able to make good choices and help folks without doing so in the name of god. I do it just cause it's right. 

• Like 2