Dutchess county deer processing

Jcurtis

11 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

malafy in red hook

No longer doing deer.

Someone mention a guy that worked there was starting up a place nearby but don't know details......I guess I should know thats only a mile from me but cut my own. Maybe someone on HudsonValleySportsman might know.

Edited by Dinsdale

35 minutes ago, Jcurtis said:

Thanks for the help, let's hope I give your guy a call this fall

Well, he's not my guy; but he does come recommended by others I know.

Depends on what part of Dutchess too.

Maybe want to check with East Fishkill Provisions and see who they recommend. They do after butcher items like hotdogs and sausage when given the meat, but I'm pretty sure they don't butcher.

Anyway, good luck in the woods.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 9:35 PM, Dinsdale said:

Here's the guy near Malafy.....

Last page in the thread.....

http://www.hudsonvalleysportsman.com/index.php/topic,18513.msg175841.html#msg175841

I just dropped my buck off with Greg last night after finding this post.  He's a young guy with a professional setup in his garage.  Big cold room, clean.  I'm not going to recommend him before I pick up the meat and try it, but so far so good.  Price quoted is just over a hundred for the normal cuts. I'll give an update in a few days.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Down the Road Butchery
      For all hunters looking for a deer processor this season contact Down the Road Butchery at 845-242-7958. 

• By RPI Bush Hunter
      Hey all,
      I’m wondering if anybody uses any local butchers to process their meat for them? If so, I was wondering if I could get a gauge on prices and/or overall experience? In years past I have just driven my deer up to my home in Northern Washington County but with my schedule this semester of school it looks like doing so will be tough. Thanks in advance and good luck in the woods! 
    • By Ytailhunter
      Hi All, New to this site and Also have My own meat processing facility if you would like to check out our shop and some examples of our work on my page . www.facebook.com/tablefarefarmberkshires we are located in Massena NY , Nice clean shop, walk in cooler , flash freezer, and you get your meat back every time guaranteed. We process Deer, pork, beef, and lamb. feel free to ask anything you like. 18 yrs in the processing industry. thanks Leo
    • By goodfight81
      I just moved to the suffolk area and am trying to find any groups/individuals/butchers etc. that sell wild hunted/caught game. Any information would be great, thanks.
    • By AaronBlaine
      Hey guys I am looking for a really good butcher to process my harvest for the upcoming rifle season. Anyone have a good butcher they go to and would recommend?  Thanks a lot guys!