My 2016 bow buck

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, Belo said:

interesting, maybe the lighting. just looks like hair and face of an old buck. Should have let him grown then :pleasantry:

I've found that hair color has little to do with aging a buck. I'm not quite to the point where I'm letting 3 year olds walk yet. Well, except this year, I have a specific target. It would take a complete monster to get my focus away from him. 

7 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I've found that hair color has little to do with aging a buck. I'm not quite to the point where I'm letting 3 year olds walk yet. Well, except this year, I have a specific target. It would take a complete monster to get my focus away from him. 

Hope you see that target first.  Always tough to pass on an opportunity for a good 3 year old.  They are still top 18% bucks in terms of NY harvests numbers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I'm not quite to the point where I'm letting 3 year olds walk yet.

I don't know if I will ever get past letting a nice 3 year old walk, in our area of 4-H. Though we do have a couple 4+ year old bucks this year, on one of our properties. I will try to hold out for one of them this year. But a chip shot on a nice 3 year old is almost too tempting!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

you monster. You shouldn't have goals. Shoot the first thing that moves!

22 minutes ago, grampy said:

I don't know if I will ever get past letting a nice 3 year old walk, in our area of 4-H. Though we do have a couple 4+ year old bucks this year, on one of our properties. I will try to hold out for one of them this year. But a chip shot on a nice 3 year old is almost too tempting!

Yeah not many folks here are honest if they claim they will pass a 3.5.

• Like 2