fellow military veterans

REDNECK4LIFE32

2 hours ago, Northsox65 said:

US Air Force 1984-2005

Crew Chief A-10 Warthog

Desert Storm Vet, been all over the world, Met many Friends along the way, wouldn't change a thing, enjoyed every minute!

Leaving basic training I was in uniform at the airport. Guy came up said he was an A-10 crew chief and asked my job, I stated I was a heavy aircraft crew chief. He laughed said I would hate it, my back would be screwed up and I wouldn't re-enlist, picked up his bag laughed and walked away. 

6 years later I left Hawaii on a commercial flight home. Loved the life but hated the job. That guy had me from hello.

Also thanks to all the Navy guys for buying all the nice ladies drinks on TDYs then going back to base for curfew. The Air Force had no curfew btw

glittergoat , I see a triple stack there how did you get that. When I was in schools were very hard to come by. Even with a 300 pt test we were just a part of there equation for our deployment was made main priority. If you wanted to reenlist in the sandbox theyd give ya everything you wanted as long as you signed that line. But if they needed me I'm still rough and ready.

23 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I miss some friends but I don't miss it that much. I was in during a very weird time and in just 8 years I could see a big difference and most wasn't for the better.

If we entered another real war I would probably get back in as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen retired guys from my FD wear t shirts that say, " I miss the clowns , but not the circus ."

• Like 1

I've seen retired guys from my FD wear t shirts that say, " I miss the clowns , but not the circus ."

That is an excellent shirt idea. It's so true, it's honestly sad that our military is being ruined by individuals looking out for themselves instead of the team.

Luckily for us as a country at least for sometime in the future it looks like we still have a steady flow of young men that are in it for the fight and not the glory that are willing to do what's needed to fight for our country.

I think a retirement plan for our military is the worst thing the government ever did for our military. I saw too many men more worried about their pension than the mission and that mentality gets a lot of good men injured or killed in combat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My life long passion is Mechanical, I can pretty much work on and fix any engine, however working on Jet engines has caused me some pretty significant hearing loss so after I retired from the Military I became an accountant, I still do all my own maintenance on all my Vehicles  and my kids cars/trucks, but during the day until I turn 62 I sit at a desk and look at numbers all day.