Who is planning vacation days for the season?

sethf11

19 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I'm retarded...That means I can hunt whenever I want to....

Tell me again about the RABBITS, George....

That's unfortunately gonna be lost on the younger members here, had me laughin'.:rofl:

Off for a couple weeks around Oct 1; but I ain't hunting for a deer.

Self employed so I can rearrange days here and there; have taken off entire seasons in the past depending on work load; but now mostly take off 3-4 weeks or so for a trip once a year at my choosing.

• Like 1

I never go two days in Oct or Nov without hunting!!!!    lol   Have weekends off, then first 3 weeks take one day off , Then last week of Oct take 3 days off , repeat for first week of Nov, - total 12 scheduled days off in Oct + Nov plus weekends and holidays!  then saved two days for muzzleloader- which for me is a just in case season.  If I havent filled a bow and a gun tag.  So all together for bow and gun have about 29 days to hunt.  look forward to it all season. Had my days off in January!  also taking two days for a try at early bear. 

"fish while your still able, trout do not rise in the cemetery" - sparse grey hackle  (applies to hunting as well!)   

23 minutes ago, Borngeechee said:

Im going to be doing the same. My wife already agreed to let me go how i want to. Hopefully that doesnt change.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Though she has never hunted a day in her life, my wife is my biggest supporter when it comes to my hunting! She has bought a lot of my gear and equipment, because I didn't want to spend the money on myself. Has helped with years of land and tax payments. And puts up with me and all the time I spend in the woods. She has had a part in every deer I've killed over the last 35 years. Think I got a keeper.    .....smile.

• Like 5

Though she has never hunted a day in her life, my wife is my biggest supporter when it comes to my hunting! She has bought a lot of my gear and equipment, because I didn't want to spend the money on myself. Has helped with years of land and tax payments. And puts up with me and all the time I spend in the woods. She has had a part in every deer I've killed over the last 35 years. Think I got a keeper.    .....smile.

Now that a perfect union

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

Yes, and one of the best books I've ever read. Movie wasn't too bad either.

Perfect 10 days to take off my friend!  

Last two years, fortunately, I have tagged out by Halloween but we definitely see the most bucks moving during this period.  Then again, I won't complain if I am tagged out again this season before the vacation and am really just a spectator. 

• Like 1