Grin and bear it

corydd7

Any pictures of bear this year? This guy decided to mess with mom's garbage and gave her a heart attack one afternoon while doing yard work. I came over and put one camera out this is about 20 yards off a road. A have a lot of fawns on the same camera hmmmmmm

Screenshot_20170809-143725.png

Screenshot_20170809-143722.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 1:50 PM, Jeremy K said:

Is it really tricky to cook bear meat or just cook to a certain temp?

Best luck I have had is to cook it raised. roasts on racks, steaks on a grill. Don't let it lay in the grease while cooking. I don't cook it to well even though it is suggested. I go medium. Of course I also eat ground beef rare. 

in steaks I like to go with a 50/50 mix of brown sugar and montreal steak seasoning.  Place in a blender and pulverize it. rub the meat and wrap each piece in plastic wrap and place in fridge over night.  unwrap and grill as normal.  

On 8/18/2017 at 1:50 PM, Jeremy K said:

Is it really tricky to cook bear meat or just cook to a certain temp?

i haven't taken one but know of many who do every year.  they say you just want to cook it to at least 137 F for internal temp but meat never seems to cook real even and sometimes has cold spots.  so i've heard and would agree to bring it all up higher to be sure.  some state dnr will tell you 160F for a few minutes.  anyone i actually know that eats it says to just cook it close to well done.