Broken nose???

growalot

So this is for you guys that have had them...do they always bleed or not? if eyes turn black and blue how long after?

Not sure may have just fractured mine...no bleeding but really big bump between my eyes...The gator hitch receiver is set way back and they have a bar and cables over the pin hole...So you have to lay under it and put the pin in from the bottom...no biggy...but I reached up and grabbed the tailgate to help me up while holding the guard pipes...The gate unlatched and landed across the bridge of my nose with a resounding crack...Man does it hurt and feel strange.

Edited by growalot

I've broken mine playing rugby when I was younger. Always got black eyes eventually. Not always bled. Mine was easy to tell as in it was crooked, still is lol. Hurts a touch too. If it isn't crooked or outa shape just ice it and see how it goes. Not much they do for it unless it needs to be straightened.

• Like 1

I feel your pain.... Broke mine 3 times...Always lots of blood had black eyes the next morning.... Very swollen does not mean it is broken... Go get it looked at sounds like you took a good shot better safe then sorry...Broke mine 1 time and waited to get it looked at and it had to be broken and reset 

I think Growalot is just telling us that she had yet another accident.  I think the real story is that she and Belo finally met in a back alley to square things away once and for all.  She got a broken nose out of it and we are yet to hear from Belo.  Who knows he may be out cold?  I am putting my money on Growalot in this one!

Edited by steve863
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bill Schmidt said:

Yeah Growalot--In rereading your post- I had the exact same type of injury. Mine came from a hell of a boxer .  A step in power jab . I learned to move my head after that LOL and still practice that. Again- get well soon.

You're not supposed to block it with your face .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bill Schmidt said:

Hey there jeremy k-- everyone gets hit sometimes while learning to defend themselves. More so when they are young.  I suppose though that you have never been touched once in your 37 years of martial arts training...

I'm 40 now , it was a joke. Of course everyone gets caught. I've had my share .

AND Tell Mr. B he had better come up with a better story than that one. 

LOL he came home from work last week and had a band-aid under his eye ...What happened? I cut my self shaving this morning and it was worse then I thought... Then tells me he had the guys at work believing I got my Irish up and clocked him...Nice!...later he said...hmm I can't remember if I told them the truth...Dbl. Nice!...lol:mda:^_^

• Like 1

Don't always bleed but almost always have black eyes.

Your story is way better than mine from last year. Loading a deer in my uncle's truck he had a group fold bed cover and it was still down. Spray on bed liner wouldn't let the deer slide in so I gave it all I had and it went in a hurry and the bed cover caught me right in the bridge of the nose. I stand blood, very crooked and black eyes within an hr.

If it's broke the good thing is it was only sore for a few days, didn't go to doctors and it is a bit crooked now but certainly not affecting my looks any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys...a little discolored no black eyes and swelling is down a bit . Though man is it sore to touch...lesson learned, I can't trust the tailgate latch on the Gator...I really didn't pull it that hard...but tried it several times after and yep it is weak. Good to know if I have a load of wood or tools on and I'm going up the hill:rolleyes:

Very thankful the tailgate is plastic and I have a hard head...lol

Edited by growalot