New plot deer picts

First-light

Got a couple goof ball bucks like that every year on our place too. same this year again. some very wierd small racks. Main beams down to the jaw bone, another has a main beam that follows the top of his face down towards his nose. some with only one antler and not even a bump on the other side. All young bucks and or does that grew antlers.. Have had 1 doe like that in the past.   

• Like 1

Very possible its the same deer. One year I had a buck pass my plot that had a small palmated rack on both sides and had a long muzzle (very identifiable features). I posted the story here a couple years ago. At that time the buck was 1 1/2 year old. That was the only picture i ever had of that buck, he was taken off a neighboring property 5 years later at 6 1/2 years old. They called him the moose buck and he was featured in that years DEC regulation book. These deer have an amazing resilience to survive and reappear many years later. He almost made it to live another year but was killed in the late season with a ML.

• Like 1

2012 to 2017 and he was at least 1 1/2 at the time of the 2012 pic? That would make him 6 yrs old

I have to tell you that rack looks nearly identical but looking at that deer body, no way would I say he's 6 yrs old...hhmmmm????

BTW that plot looks GREAT

http://www.outdooralabama.com/sites/default/files/FieldJudgingLiveDeer.pdf

Edited by growalot