Help with Connecticut permission issue

brownclown

Hi I know this a ny forum but since I live here and hunt here this is the forum I read and follow most. Anyways the issue is, I may potentially be losing permission on the only private land I have access to. It is in Connecticut. My uncle is a lawyer for a very wealthy women who is the land owner. This year he has told me that since the land is no longer being insured the owner isn't comfortable having me hunt there. It was my understanding that since it isn't a lease the property owner is protected from liability. My uncle has said this is true but this is very limited in the coverage it offers. Does anyone know the legal language and or links to codes to show that they would be protected so I could forward links. Or is he correct that they still could be liable not including of exclusions such as undisclosed known hazzards? Do any of you have personal liability coverage or know of something I can purchase to help them feel safe? My uncle knows I obviously wouldn't sue but his client is worth many millions so despite me being family it is not something the property owner can chance. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi I know this a ny forum but since I live here and hunt here this is the forum I read and follow most. Anyways the issue is, I may potentially be losing permission on the only private land I have access to. It is in Connecticut. My uncle is a lawyer for a very wealthy women who is the land owner. This year he has told me that since the land is no longer being insured the owner isn't comfortable having me hunt there. It was my understanding that since it isn't a lease the property owner is protected from liability. My uncle has said this is true but this is very limited in the coverage it offers. Does anyone know the legal language and or links to codes to show that they would be protected so I could forward links. Or is he correct that they still could be liable not including of exclusions such as undisclosed known hazzards? Do any of you have personal liability coverage or know of something I can purchase to help them feel safe? My uncle knows I obviously wouldn't sue but his client is worth many millions so despite me being family it is not something the property owner can chance. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Post this is on the CT subforum of Bowsite forum. Someone will definitely be able to answer this for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I know it says they are protected but is anyone familiar with limitations other than the ones outlined in the statute? From my understanding even when a person signs a liability waiver they can still sue.

Personally Kurt, you can try but I think if her mind is set there is little that will change it. Also for me personally I feel its better not to try and pressure it at least for the sake of your uncle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If your uncle is a lawyer doesn't he know what your looking for?
He does. He is the one that said despite the statute saying property owners are protected from liability, it actually fairly limited in the protections it offers. At least according to what he researched in the past. I was hoping to find something, current and specific proving property owners are protected . I'm really trying to make it hassle free for him.

Why don't you ask how much the Insurance is, and if its not that much pay for it yourself.
That will be my next step. He said to give him a few weeks to look into things.

Do any of you have personal liability coverage for hunting permission reasons? Another place I saw on Craigslist I was looking into leasing had that requirement.

Personally Kurt, you can try but I think if her mind is set there is little that will change it. Also for me personally I feel its better not to try and pressure it at least for the sake of your uncle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree. Unfortunately it is the only place I have permission for so to lose it will be devastating. I'm trying to walk a fine line of making it happen without being annoying and hence just not worth the effort .