Things to teach the kids

growalot

I went to pick up River and needed to engage my PB. It snapped back.on release . Though when we drove to Wally World to pick up some things the back brakes smelled very hot. Crap! they were grabbing and I was miles and miles from.home with River. My high school and training from Mr B kicked in. We did our shopping,the place was packed, which alliwed everything to cool down. Then once River and bags were secure I drove to the farthest side on the parking lot,making sure nothing was capable of getting in the way. Turned to get a good back veiw and put it in reverse. I hit the gas squeaking the tires and got her to 25 and slammed on the brakes...Did this three times with River in his car seat yelling weeee with delight..lol It did the trick and loosened the breaks. These little lessons stick with us and saves time and money. So many little lessons we can teach the kids about their cars,tires ,ect,ect..

• Like 1

Over the years I've had to do this a few times in different vehicals. I rarely use my parking brake. This has only happened when useing it. It just got me to thinking about things taught about how to handle different situations . We have AAA but sitting and waiting for them to show up for minor things, I prefer to avoid when safe.

Funny story related to parking brakes. My buddy took his Ranger in for inspection (he lives in a small town just south of downtown nowhere) So only one mechanic in town to do inspections . He brings the truck in and tells the guy that he was reading the NYS inspection rules and it doesn't say anywhere in there about the parking brake needing to release to pass . He tells the guy if he checks the parking brake that his truck will then become stuck in his garage with the wheels locked up. Not sure if the mechanic really cared or not but he basically slapped a sticker a sticker on it after checking the lights and other BS.